Zilla update....

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Mags, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Mags

Mags New Member

A couple months ago, I found myself falling in love with a Beardie named Zilla. He was under nourished, not in the right light and not getting the right amounts of anything.

Today we went to the vet and he got a mostly clean bill of health. He was found to have hookworms, but they gave him a dose of wormer and we are going back again in a couple weeks to get him another dose until he gets all better completely. He gave me an idea of what to do to lessen the chance that he gets them.

They said he looks very healthy and that I prolly got to him just in time. He's 18inches long and weighed in at about 8 oz. They tell me that he'll get some more weight in as soon as the worms are going and were surprised that he even put any weight on at all with the worms. (When I got him he was prolly half of the weight he is now.)

So I am glad I found you guys. Thanks for all the help! :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. crazyman1378

crazyman1378 New Member

happy to here hes doing great

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Blinga04

Blinga04 Well-Known Member

Mags,

thats awesome, kudos to you for saving the dragons life :D you rock!!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Mags

Mags New Member

I was also wondering. I know it varies from breed and genetics and things... but is Zilla on the average for a beardie who is close to 2 years?

He's about 18 inches and a little under a pound (sorry, about the original weight I looked at it wrong it said .8 and it was meant to be pounds not ounces. ) I assume he might be under weight cause of his parasites and lack of care. His previous owners called him a Giant Citrus Bearded Dragon... but no other professionals seemed interested in that and I have not been able to find much information on the different breeds other than what I read here.