10 gallon tank

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by codyc_13, Jul 10, 2007.

1. codyc_13

codyc_13 New Member

Hi i just got a leo and he is doing great. i had him in a ten gallon tank but i just purchased a 20 gal long for him but i have nothing to do with the 10 gal. i was wondering if there,s any gecko orany reptile that can comfortably in a ten gallon tank. anything but a snake!!! thanks.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. psi_chick

psi_chick Member

you could set it up for a frog or two. dart frogs, pacman frogs, even african claweds could work in there. sorry, i'm a frog nut also so it's the first thing that comes to mind lol.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. iseeanonymous

iseeanonymous Member

You could always keep it in case you get another baby leo or if you decide to raise your own feeders or if the 20 breaks. Having extra supplies is never a bad thing (if you have a place to store them) cause you never know what you'll run across. Of course keeping something cool in it would always be better.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. codyc_13

codyc_13 New Member

how easy are fogs to take care of and do they stink very bad and are they costly thanks for all your hel[p you guys are great!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. codyc_13

codyc_13 New Member

anything other than frogs, what about other types of gecko's or a different kind of lizard

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. codyc_13

codyc_13 New Member

can you keep a skunk gecko in a 10 gal or do you need a 20 gal for that too thanks

12. noahboa1

noahboa1 New Member

well you vould put 1 anole in there they need a light a lid substrate and a couple hides you could make out of glad containers

13. MagPie

MagPie New Member

Ooooooooooh dart frogs! I would do dart frogs if I had an extra tank and less animals heh Tomato frogs are cool too. Hhmmmm I think some smaller snakes can go into a ten gallon.

14. TimothyTodd

TimothyTodd Member

An anole.

15. codyc_13

codyc_13 New Member

i've done some research on dart frogs and it says they are poisonous is that true and how poisonious are they are they harder to take care of than a leo. can you handle them. i havejust started to get into reptiles, and i love them, oh wait frogs are amphibians maybe i can get into them too. thank you guys alot

16. psi_chick

psi_chick Member

they are poisionous, but the captive bred ones aren't as poisionous. as such, no it's not really recommended that you handle them. they're not "harder" to take care of than a leo, but do require more to set up the environment properly. after it's set up, it's just a matter of humidity, feeding and cleaning.

17. codyc_13

codyc_13 New Member

i might try it once i get some money to do it they are cool looking little frogs

18. Herp__Kid

Herp__Kid Member

whats wrong with snakes? male sand boas can do fine in a 10 gal. i'm actually thinking about getting on because i have a extra 10 gal too.

in captivity dart frogs aren't posionous. they get their posion from a certain kind of bug they eat in the wild.

19. psi_chick

psi_chick Member

they aren't AS poisionous. they still are poisionous though. much like fire bellied toads, same idea.

20. codyc_13

codyc_13 New Member

i'm 17 living with my parents and my mom doesn't like snakes they creep her out so she wont let me get one!!

21. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Moved this from leo's to general lizards as the OP was asking about general reptiles & lizards. I know the topic has gone onto dartfrogs now, but if you have any specific questions on dartfrogs, you can head them over to the general amphibs section :D

Good luck with whatever you deicde to get!!

Luke

22. Owthatstings

Owthatstings New Member

Are you sure about that, with the sand boas?

23. geckofreak562

geckofreak562 Member

I would get an anole because they are relatively easy to take care of and, if money is an object, cheap too. I am actually going to be in the same situation as you after i get a new tank for my lizard. i think that i may get an anole.

24. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

Then you have never kept an anole or provided for it properly. Anoles can get expensive. Although they, themselves are not, providing proper care for them can become expensive. Unless you have around 150 - 200 dollars, I suggest not getting one.

25. soxfantony

soxfantony Member

i thought poson dart frogs, secreet a poison from their skin as a defense mechanism that only hurts you if you eat them or get it in an open wound. didnt the native americans wipe poison dart frogs on arrows for hunting?