2 CONCERNS ABOUT MY WATER DRAGON

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by sophie, Apr 15, 2010.

1. sophie

sophie New Member

iv had my water dragon for 7 months and he was about 2-3 months when i got him.eversince i got him his lower arms look pretty big compared to his upper arms,its not affecting anything but I wana no if it is normal.

also he is not pooping as frequently as he should,today he did a poop in his water bowl after not pooping for three days and it was floating,is it meant to float?iv only ever seen it sitting at the bottom of the water bowl.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. nickvcg

nickvcg Embryo

well i've found this forum pretty useless as it's very inactive, i found a mailing list to get on if you want faster responses, but mine's forearms are larger than his biceps and he's 14 inches snout-tail and as for the poop, both of mines have always floated, and i recently took them to the vet and she said they were in great shape and color and look very healthy, so don't worry yourself, but if the bone of the biceps starts to look noticeably bowlegged, take him to the vet, it's a sign of mbd, i asked about it while i was there since one of mines toes have been messed up.

hope this helped, i'll post the instructions to get on the mailing list if you would like

nick

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. sophie

sophie New Member

thanks, i swiched to a higher heat lamp and he is pooping normaly,i took him to the vet bout his arms and he said his arms are perfect. better safe than sorry.thanx

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Hoyle00cdn

Hoyle00cdn Embryo

yes the poop will float. and just because he hasnt pooped in the water for a couple days doesn't mean he hasnt pooped at all. Water dragons dont ALWAYS poop in water, they just prefer it.