5 Threads a Day Rule + Mods can Temp Ban?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Questions' started by lollapalooza, Oct 30, 2006.

1. lollapalooza

lollapalooza Member

Due to the recent double troll trama going on right now in the Leo forum, shouldn't there be some sort of way so that users can only make -blank- amount of threads in one day? I've seen it done in other fourms.

Also, maybe all mods should be able to temp, but only Senior/Axe can perm ban for good?

Just some suggestions for you all to shoot down.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kalisdaddy

kalisdaddy New Member

I agree with the temperary and permiment ban idea. I think it would be really useful to the modoraters to ban for a 24 hour period.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

It is a big pain in butt when we get trolls like that, but it'll always happen. I don't think limiting to 5 threads a day will be helping anybody.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lollapalooza

lollapalooza Member

I don't see how those two things could do anything BUT help.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Aries123

Aries123 New Member

What do you mean 5 threads a day.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Doctor_Phil

Doctor_Phil New Member

I've seen this tried on other sites with the result that members have left due to not being able to put up a post in athread that they have deemed to be important to them. There is nothing worse than being in the middle of a good intelligent debate and not being able to post! Just my two (aussie) cents :lol:

12. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Are you thinking of limiting the 5 threads a day for just new people?

13. lollapalooza

lollapalooza Member

Yes.

14. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

I honestly don't think the amount of posts should be limited, new or not. The whole purpose of a forum is to share thoughts, ideas, tips etc. Even new folks sometimes have more things to say than a limited number of posts would allow.....and just because they are new doesn't mean they are here to cause trouble :( Trolls are dealt with as quickly as possible, I would hate to see anyone have to pay for a few idiot's actions. It may cause a slight disruption while those idiots are running amok, but overall this is a great site and I'd truly hate to see restrictions put in place that would interfere with any person who was just trying to be a good forum participant.

15. lollapalooza

lollapalooza Member

I don't mean posts though, I mean threads. I don't think ANYONE without the objective to be annoying makes more than 5 threads a day. Maybe 5 threads every hour? Whatever limit it is, it'd help with trolls.

16. Doctor_Phil

Doctor_Phil New Member

Ah, threads !! Sorry, my bad, Yes 5 threads a day would be a good idea in my opinion

17. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Not to be a spoiler here, but if they wanted to cause trouble they still could....there are an awful lot of threads they could post in :(

18. lollapalooza

lollapalooza Member

But if a mod sees them, which they usually do, they can temp ban them and wait for the admin :(