A couple of things?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Just_Some_Guy, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm going to be building a WD tank over the holidays. And so I need to know a few things.

What size tank do I need for a CWD Pair or a AWD Pair?

What other special requirements are needed for a WD tank?

Thanks

James Wright

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. shortygirl

shortygirl Well-Known Member

big big Big & Bigger! lol.

I don't know about AWD's ( I think it's pretty much the same though) but the CWD's need alot of room + alot of height. You also need to make sure you build a tank that can withstand high humidity & ALOT of splashing!! Mine likes to dive into his pool from the tallest branch he can!

You need to make sure that you can put in a relatively large water area (they love moving water, so a water fall would be awesome) & lots of things to climb on. Mine loves to dig, so a soil/bark substrate works rather well & it helps hold humidity. They also do require enough room to hunt, so basically, yea, big...

Here's where I been getting my ideas: http://www.javafx.com/personal/dragons/index.html This guys nuts...check out the "summer palace" lol, it's the coolest thing I ever saw (but then again, I'm a lizard nut so...!)

~Michelle

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. commanderoz

commanderoz New Member

yea your gonna spend a lot of money on them. i think ive spent 300 dollars on them then i started looking around and got a 100 gallon tank for free. and when it stops raining im gonna build another 100 gallon wood tank to put on top of it so its higher....... well nvm i need to make my tank longer and higher so yea. your best bet is to go hunting for wood in dumpsters thats what i did. all you got to do is make sure it in good condition and clean it real good. it will save you tons of money.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. shortygirl

Or...and this is just a thought...I've seen plenty of people tossing old fridges. If you take out all the chemicals, remove the door & use a plexi-glass front - the perfect enclosure! LOL. It's already got a vent/fan, will keep humidity in perfectly & is already all water sealed, and most are pretty damn tall. It may not be wide enough, but I'm thinking of using one as a temp cage unitl my big, permanent enclosure is done.

~Michelle

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

I have seen people use fridges before!! lol and you can get them free as it saves people money if they are trying to get rid of it!! lol.
    That enclosure on the site shortygirl put up is amazing!!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. shortygirl

If I had my own house...I'd do the same thing! Came across that one looking for setup ideas....I mean...wow!! Too bad he had to give up his dragons! I've got some grand ideas...now just need the $$, space, time & property! lol. Doubt mom will let me "convert" the computer room, oh well.

~Michelle

12. commanderoz

commanderoz New Member

lol the encloser im designing is gonna take up all but 2 feet of my wall in my room. thats 7' long 3' wide and hopefully 6' tall but im low on money and my dragon has to have his food. al that space for one 15" dragon. im spoiling him lol.

13. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Info. I just wanted some dimensions. So thanks Commanderoz. And Shortygirl for the link