A newbie with a question about her beardy

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by mentalmom2, Oct 28, 2005.

1. mentalmom2

mentalmom2 Embryo

I inherited (a couple of years ago) a sweet female Bearded Dragon from my daughter who is away in college. Recently, Buffy...(my dragon), got an infection that made her right front leg swell-up. I took her to an "exotic-animal" vet in Raleigh NC, and he gave me antibiotics and a food/vitamin supplement to give her. I also replaced her UV lighting and calcium/vitamin dust.
    Her normal diet consist of crickets (with calcium dust) and mustard greens, but when she got the infection she stopped eating, so I have been feeding her supplements from the Vet. with a syringe. I have been following the antibiotic’s directions to the letter everyday (it's been over a week), however, my "Bearded Dragon" still cannot walk on that swollen leg and the swelling has not went down. Any suggestions as to what I can do to help her be able to use that leg again?
    THANKS

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mxracer4life_41

mxracer4life_41 Member

You might want to post this under the bearded dragon section. You will get faster/better responses. By the way welcome to the forums!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mentalmom2

mentalmom2 Embryo

Thank you for the welcome...and yes...I see that I need to move this question to the Bearded Dragon section...
    THANKS again!