Animal Planet?

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by CornyGuy, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that watches Animal Planet? I find myself watching it everyday, all day. If you do, what is your favorite show?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lizard_man_Lane

lizard_man_Lane Well-Known Member

I also watch Animal Planet a lot. My favorite is The Jeff Corwin Experience.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CornyGuy

Lol, mine too. Everyday, 4:00 PM. ;)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Zach_Xero

Zach_Xero Embryo

Just watched it today. He caught an amozon tree boa and a green snake with a pointed nose. (can't remember the name)

Better than crocodile hunter hands down.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. elums

elums Member

I watch it from time to time, I would say my two favorite shows are The Jeff Corwin Experience, and The Most Extreme.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. CornyGuy

Green Snake, pointed nose...maybe a vine snake.

I don't really like the Croc Hunter, either. Steve needs to work with other animals, not just Crocodiles.

12. Jay_herb_com

Jay_herb_com New Member

Animal cops houston and others like that, and the Most extreme and sometimes, sometimes funniest animals lol

13. CornyGuy

My favorites:
    1)the Jeff Corwin Experience
    2)The Most Extreme
    3)Probobly the Animal Cops

14. Jay_herb_com

Jay_herb_com New Member

What about the Discovery Channel? I watch that one all the time, its got some realy interesting shows, anyone seen survivoman? kool show

15. CornyGuy

I've seen the commercials. ;) Does that count? Lol. It looks like an interesting show.

16. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

I like Steve. You learn lots from watching him, as crazy as he is. And he does work with other animals other then crocs. In fact most of the times I've seen him, it's been with other animals. Maybe he just really likes crocs and does well with them. They are misunderstood. One time I saw him working with a King Cobra. It was neat.
    I watch Animal Planet sometimes, but mostly watch Discovery Channel. Jeff Corwin is awesome.

17. CornyGuy

Irwin, like you said, is too crazy. He is a smart guy, but I'd rather watch Corwin. And most of the time Steve is at his zoo, rather then traveling the world. It gets kind of boring watching him Wes, and Terri at the zoo all the time.

18. Telgalad

Telgalad New Member

has any one watched austin stevens most dangerous on animal planet?

19. CornyGuy

I don't really like him either. Did you see when he got bit by a Cobra?

20. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY New Member

Corwin- excellent man! O'shea- I miss that guy. Stevens and Irwin- wish they'd be taken off air. I don't like Irwin's handling techniques. He's to daring and puts himself in danger to much and should he get bit will give snakes a bad name due to his level of fame. I don't like how Austins show is propped. Tell me how he ALWAYS manages to find the biggest badest snakes around, and how was the a west african B. gabbonica in eats africa?

21. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Hehe..I'm the opposite to you herpboy :) O'shea was always a bit of a black sheep to me..he always looked to me to be 1sec away from being bit (and I've seen a couple of shows where he has been by a hot). Just seemed too hasty and never looked like he was in control of the situation as Steve Irwin and Jeff Corwin do.

Steve may be daring, but I always felt like he knew what he was doing and could read the animal. O'Shea doesnt inspire that confidence in me.

Guess that's life..not everyone will agree to everything :)

22. diablo17

diablo17 Member

they alsways look like they're about to get bit but those guys know exactly what they're doing and like skunky said, they are always in control of the situation. one thing i always notice about irwin is his focus is ALWAYS on the animal. even if he's talking about somethings, me is constantly makign sure he knows what the snake or whatever is doing and he's ready to react.

i also like watching "Snake Wranglers" on NGEO. i just saw one about mutant tiger snakes that reside only on a small island off the coast of tasmania. these little buggers' venom is 20 times more potent than normal tasmanian tigers.

anyway, the show is cool cuz you get to see someone different out looking for snakes and working with them. it's cool to see the different personalities of different herpers. some of them can be quite strange...

23. CornyGuy

I think I've seen that show. It's pretty cool.

24. reako45

reako45 Member

I watch Animal Planet every friggin' day! Favorite show "Jeff Corwin Experience", of course!

reako45

25. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Steve and Irwin and austin stevens are all faked the only real one is Steve O'shea. One of the customers at my local reptile shop used to work at australia zoo and he say its all faked