Another question

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by ajlista, Aug 14, 2010.

1. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

"DAMN ANTHONY ANOTHER QUESTION?!! JEEZ" Yes, another question lol
    So my question here is, can u feed your crestie strictly cgd(Or whatever its called, im having like a brain blockage right now)
    But yah, can u feed it just now? and the occasional mealworms, or phenoix worms?
    And how often would it be fed, everyday its whole life? Or just for when its a juvie?
    How much should it be fed everytime it eats?
    Okay if someone could just post like a LIFE feeding scheduele if you know what i mean?Like ex. when they are babies everyday and adults every other day? I mean i dont know, i wont be getting a crestie for at least 2 months, and i want to know everything i can on these guys :(
    Thanks a million!
    Anthony

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

So my question here is, can u feed your crestie strictly cgd(Or whatever its called, im having like a brain blockage right now) yes it is a complete meal replacement powder (MRP) and if you want it add a bit of variety it comes in different flavors so you can purchase a "base" powder and mix in the "flavor" powders... although I still do like to offer my rhacs pheonix worms once in a while - most of them don't even seem interested in them though since they love the CGD so much :(

But yah, can u feed it just now? and the occasional mealworms, or phenoix worms? (yes, answered above :) )

And how often would it be fed, everyday its whole life? Or just for when its a juvie? I feed my hatchlings and juvies every 2 days and the adults every 3 days... I feed them little bowls (capfuls) of CGD. But if it molds (mine mold pretty fast in the summer) make sure you take it out quickly and replace it.

How much should it be fed everytime it eats? As much as it eats, I currently mix up one (slightly overflowing) teaspoon of powder for the hatchlings, 1.5 to 2 large teaspoons for the juvies, and 2-3 table spoons for the adults

Okay if someone could just post like a LIFE feeding scheduele if you know what i mean?Like ex. when they are babies everyday and adults every other day? I mean i dont know, i wont be getting a crestie for at least 2 months, and i want to know everything i can on these guys tongue.gif

I think I answered this above but just in case... hatchlings + juvies every day to every 2 days, then when they are about a year or so old and you notice they aren't finishing the bowls that quickly you can feed them every 2-3 days. I also notice a slow down in the winter and they pick back up again when the temps start to rise in the spring/beginning of the summer.

Hope that helps!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Thankyou SOOOO much stiky You always help me :(
    Thanks again
    Anthony

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Np :( I don't know everything but I can at least help out with what I do know! Lol. And it's always a good thing to be totally prepared for your new little guys :)