Anthill Pythons

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by Cooter_the_BD, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Cooter_the_BD

Cooter_the_BD New Member

Ok people I have been reading about them and what not for a while now and I really want one. lol, anyways care sheets are hard to come by and I was wondering if anyone had a good link or care sheet you could send me. I know they run for about $500-$1000, but if anyone knows of a place I could get them for cheaper?????Also for the few that do own these great little pythons, could I persuade you to post a pic or two lol.
    Thanks
    Jake

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. improvius

improvius New Member

Sorry, I don't know of any other breeders in Canada. But I can tell you that the requirements are the same as a Children's python. They don't need much humidity, and the temps should be a range of about 78-90.

Here's an older picture of one of our females as a yearling:

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cooter_the_BD

Cooter_the_BD New Member

ok perfect, and man that’s one great snake you got there, how long do they live for?
    Thanks
    Jake

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. improvius

improvius New Member

I don't really know. I would guess at least 20 years, like most other pythons. Our oldest Children's pair is around 10 years old, I think.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Cooter_the_BD

Cooter_the_BD New Member

how much do they cost? because i am talking to someone about buying one, but we havnt spoke price yet.

Jake

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. improvius

improvius New Member

Last I checked, they were $1000 in Canada. Here in the US they are closer to $600-700.

12. Cooter_the_BD

Cooter_the_BD New Member

I see, do you know if there are any different morphs like with regular BPs
    Anyways, thanks for all your help this far (I just wish there was more online about them) if you have any sites that could help me, that would be great (I know there like children’s pythons so I’ve been looking at that stuff mostly)

Thanks
    Jake

13. improvius

improvius New Member

There are no morphs that I know of. Some turn out a bit more red than others, but I don't even know if that's genetic. It is illegal to export them from Australia, so as a result I believe there is a very small number of original bloodlines in North America. I suspect the VAST majority come from Casey Lazik's lines. So as a result, I don't think there is much variation represented in either Canada or the U.S. There may be genetic variants in the wild, but I don't think anyone's seen anything unusual in captivity.

14. Cooter_the_BD

Cooter_the_BD New Member

So the chance of "clean" breeding program is almost none then eh?, oh well I still think they’re very cool, and I still want one.
    And illegal doesn’t mean impossible :D

Jake