Armadillo Lizard

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by LewsKinslayer0, Jun 19, 2005.

1. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

Ok, I might have an extra enclosure and then if I can talk my Mom into letting me set it up for another lizard I'm away. But first I would like to know if anyone here has an experiance with them. I still consider myself somewhat new to reptiles, I've only had my cresties for 6 months.

So, are they an easier reptile to look after?

I have read some of the stuff I have found on the net and it looks like it won't be too hard to heat etc.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LewsKinslayer0

Ok what our local pet store is selling as an armadillo looks more like the second one. What are the main differences?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

the real armadillo lizard is Cordylus cataphractus this is the only one that balls up when it is threatened. the tropical girdled lizard )Cordylus tropidosterumdoesnt do that at all. they are also found in completely different areas and climates. armadillos are desert whereas tropical girdles are...tropical lol the armadillo is also strictly terrestrial and the tropical girdled is semi arboreal

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LewsKinslayer0

Thanks, however my sister and I are now thinking about getting a corn snake. I personally feel it would be easier to feed a mouse once a week than crickets all the time. Escpecially with having to get the uneaten crix out.