Babies born 4/20!

Discussion in 'Boas' started by ssscales, Apr 20, 2006.

1. ssscales

ssscales Member

Well, last week I got home during lunch to find my Albino female dropped a bad litter, all slugs & still borns from that litter!

Today I get home to find my Normal Boa dropped her litter a day earlier than predicted, looks like 20+ live, 3 slugs.

All nice and healthy full term babies! She was bred to my TJ Hypo male from Jeff Ronne and I already see my pic of the group!

I'll let them relax till I get home from work and then start splitting them up, get a final count on total along with Hypos and Normals, place them in their own tubs, take pics, etc.

Pics of mom after dropping litter:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. venomous_reptile01

venomous_reptile01 Embryo

sorry about your first batch thats to bad... but congrates on the new ones... and good luck... now i just have to wait for mine to have her babies...lol.... everyones different i guess.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Ugh..that's why I like pythons..eggs are so much cleaner :) Hehe. Nice batch you got there..the hypos look great! Such a pity the albino's didn't make it..any idea why?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ssscales

ssscales Member

Thanks, eggs are much cleaner, but I just love coming home to a pile of baby boas.
    The loss of the Albino litter was sad! She was bred to my DH Sunglow male, which would've gave me a few Sunglows, Albinos, DHets and Hets.

As for why, it happens, we can do everything right on our end, but these are live creatures and nature has a say in how things turn out. I'm sure next year she'll drop a nice litter!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ssscales

ssscales Member

Thanks everyone, final count was 27 live, 4 slugs!

Here is one if the babies that stood out from the litter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

Wow, nice. Too bad about the first litter, though. From the looks of it, it's a 'messy' business. :wink:

12. iloveherps

iloveherps Member

I like boa breeding much better then pythons because you don't have to mess with incubating eggs.

13. travis

travis New Member

congradulations but the boas in the sacks, are they slugs or will the eventually pop out?

14. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Kinda gross..imagine it'd be quite the shock the first time you ever bred boas :)

15. ssscales

ssscales Member

They were all good, those are just late bloomers. Eventually they'll break the sack, most have already broken the sacks and are cruising their sterilite tubs.

16. ssscales

ssscales Member

Thanks, remember these are only 12hrs hours old. They haven't had their 1st shed yet. Colors really don't start to show till those first couple sheds, I'll post pics of a few after they shed.

Here are a couple more pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A nice classic:
    [​IMG]

17. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

im just kinda curious im not up to date on terms, what are slugs? and are the babies that are still in the sack dead or they alive?

18. venomous_reptile01

slugs are unfertilized ova

19. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

i got it, thanks!

20. venomous_reptile01

21. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

congrats!!! i gotta have one of those 4:20 babies . . . i'll name her cheech. pick me out a good one and i'll be in touch. sorry to hear about your albino litter.

~Will.

22. ssscales

ssscales Member

Thanks, how are those Dumerils coming along?

23. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

the female is super fat, still waiting to see what she pushes out . . . this anticipation is killing me! wanna trade a baby dumerils for a hypo?? i also got a sweet little (female?) sears hogg that i have no real plans for. just give me any excuse to make the trip to your place :D

~Will.

24. ssscales

ssscales Member

Dumerils take forever!
    105 days is a long time, 220 days is a killer!

Haha..I'm expecting a litter of Hogs around July. I've got enough of Dumerils & Hogs for now. But if I do decide to expand I'll know who to contact.

Maybe when all the litters are here, you can come out and help us on cleaning day? :D

25. Balboa

Balboa Embryo

What are the major overall differences between Dumerial and Hogg Island Boas (temperment, size, color, temperarture requirements, etc.)?