Baby Boo is growing

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by LittleLouie, May 26, 2006.

1. DivineXwings

DivineXwings Member

Wow, I haven't been online in a couple of months, i just spent th elast half hour going through and reading everything, this thread is awesome.

good job with your gecko and good luck with her eating

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. LittleLouie

LittleLouie Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you all are enjoying the updates :D

(past) Time for the 50 weeks update.

Weight:67 grams
    Length: 8 5/8 inches

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She's been cool for one week; one more week, and I can begin raising the temperatures and see how her appetite is affected.

Tuesday, Boo visited the school where I volunteer as a reading tutor. My Tuesday student got the special privilege of holding her after his reading lesson. Then we visited his classroom where we had a science lesson on reptiles. Afterwards, the children (one at a time) were permitted to gently 'pet' her if they wanted to. A lot of them had never touched a reptile before, and were surprised to feel her soft dry bumpy skin. Of course we washed hands before and after. :) Boo was stressed by our adventure, especially when the children were sitting in a close group around us while we talked about reptiles, and I took her out of the box to show them a few things. I thought she handled the 'pet the gecko' part of the presentation very well though.

[​IMG]
    Here she is with my tutor student.

And here is a close-up photo that didn't get entered into the latest contest . . .

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

Looking good Boo. I'm glad that she had a good time at school too. It sounds like things were handled very responsibly.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. caseyface

caseyface New Member

That's so cool that you took her to school. I bet you informed them with all the right information about reptiles too! Kudos to you Louie!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Krepoort

Krepoort Member

I think I'm a little bit late, but..

Happy Birthday Boo!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Lyxie

Lyxie Member

It was kinda cool to look over this thread! Happy birthday, Boo!

12. LittleLouie

Boo says

"Thankyou for remembering my birthday,"

We are inviting everyone to come and join us for her first birthday party :p

Take a look at her birthday thread!

I've got a couple updates to catch up on here.

51 weeks
    Weight: 65 grams

52 weeks (today)
    Weight: 65.5 grams

Boo shed yesterday.
    I just started the process of raising her temperature back up, so hopefully in another week or two, she'll be eating again.

Boo will have been with me for one year tomorrow, May 19.

13. LittleLouie

Now that she's a year old, and the rapid growth and changes from being a baby have slowed down, I think I'll just pop in to give occasional updates :)

After trying the temp drop, I finally got her temperature back to normal range the first of June. During that time, her weight dropped to 63 grams. Over the next week, I would occasionally get her to eat a cricket, but her appetite seemed slow in returning. However, she maintained her weight of 63 grams. Then, I picked up some waxies and offered them to her one at a time. That meal, she ate six of them. The next evening, she ate eight mealies, and she has been eating an average of seven mealies a day since then, plus an occasional cricket. The other day, I offered her one waxie just to see what sort of response she would give, and she turned up her nose to it and walked off.

She shed Saturday night, and after eating all so well over the last week, she is back up to 69 grams :)

14. PCViolin

PCViolin Member

Awesome! Glad to hear she is started to munch down again. Ha, you lured her eating again with giving her dessert! She must have realized she was hungry after getting a little food in her.

best wishes

15. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

Yay. I'm glad to hear that Boo is eating again. It seems that PCV is right and all it took was some dessert. :) I hope that she keeps eating and doesn't lose any weight again. Oh, and don't forget to add in pictures every now and then. :)

16. LittleLouie

Yes, I think you all are right. A big meal of desert, and she realized that she really did want to have something in her tummy!

I'll try to get some pics up. I have a few taken . . . just got to get them cropped and loaded onto photobucket. I figured that an update without pics was better than nothing though. Summer activities plus company have filled up my schedule to the max at the moment :)

17. LittleLouie

I'm figuring it's about time for a 14 month update and some pics

She's been eating well, and gaining weight. A week ago, I noticed that her tummy was very fat, and wondered when it would move to her tail. Well, now it's moving to her tail too :lol: Tonight's weight is 74 grams.

And now for some pics :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The photo in the background fools people into thinking that they are seeing my baby out and about when they are not!

[​IMG]
    I actually caught her drinking from her water dish in this photo!

[​IMG]
    And one just from this evening!

She seems to be planning on keeping the spots she got when I cooled her down this spring.

Also, I've been seeing what I think are eggs (which she reabsorbs) forming in her belly. I'm glad that her appetite is staying good in spite of them!

18. LeopardLady

LeopardLady New Member

Boos gotten Huge since I last looked at this post, I've been off for a while lol I plan on starting a thread like this with my new hatchling that hatched on the 2nd of Aug.

Edited to say: Happy Birthday!!

19. LittleLouie

I think watching them grow is so exciting! Yes, she really grew a lot in the first few months. I can't wait to see your thead, and watch your little one grow up too :)

20. leoosrul

leoosrul Member

louie thanks so much for keeping this post up for so long! when i first started to read it i was kindof unsure about if i wanted to buy a baby leo. but know im sure that i want one! boo is the nicest leo that ive ever seen! im so glad that boo ended up having a parent like you and not someone who doesnt care about their leo.

21. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

louie somehow i managed to miss you last update - congrats on how amazing she is looking these days. this thread is easily one of my faves of all the time i've been here.

22. LittleLouie

I'm glad everyone enjoys it as much as I do :)

Now that she's an adult, I'm not updating as often, so they're easy to miss. I'll probably try to put in updates around the middle of the month though.

Leoosrul, babies are a lot of fun, but remember that they are also very delicate. With a baby, you need to be SURE that your set-up is exactly right BEFORE you go to pick it up. After getting her, I took pics the first day, and then didn't allow myself to touch her for a whole week (until tank-cleaning day) That was HARD. She was so cute and tiny I really wanted to hold her and play with her. On tank cleaning day, I took her out for pics and cleaning. I really tried to leave her alone until she was eating well (I think it was about a month). Then I started getting her out for a few minutes each night. She never was really skittish like I hear most babies are. Hope that is helpful to you.

23. coors_the_gecko

coors_the_gecko New Member

gosh i cant believe how big shes getting!! and by the way the best touch is the fake out picture of the lil girl, thats just too much id crack up hysterically if i fell for that one! very creative!

24. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

LittleLouie, glad to hear that Boo is doing well. 74 grams sounds good to me. Even better she looks nice, even a little round in her tummy. :( As always it is nice to see more pictures of her.

25. LittleLouie

Ha ha, you should see her now at 81 grams (I think) I plan to update next week.