Bearded Dragon... Help please!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Annisa, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Annisa

Annisa Embryo

I took my L.L. In because he had a hard lump on his side. The vet said it was calcium build up and on that day performed a small cut and removed some of it. He then sent me home and said use a hot compress and clean it with peroxide. After a few weeks it got bigger so when I got back into the city I went straight to the vet. A scheduled operation to remove and burn it out and send it to KS State to get tested. I must say I wasn't happy with my vet at this time tying to figure out why they didn't do all this the 1st time. I got a call while in Dallas that my traveling buddy has cancer and it's active. I asked if he was in pain because to me doesn't act in pain and eating nd drinking fine in which the vet said no at this time he doesn't seem to be but keep an eye on him. I did tell my vet that I wanted to try anything and he said he would research but he hasn't or doesn't know of radiation on a bearded or tried, almost as if to tell me there wasn't much hope. I was wondering if I should go for a 2nd opinion or is it just me being an over emotional momma to a lizard. My job requires me to travel in which my L.L. accompanies me on 98% of my travels. Even if I have a date the 1st thing I ask is how o you feel about bearded dragons? I am not ready to lose my buddy so ANY help is welcomed.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

Hello, and welcome to the boards. I'm sorry to hear of the predicament you're in. Cancer is not very common among beardies so unfortunately there hasn't been much research into how to cure it. The vet could try going in and removing it the mass if it returns, but at that point it probably already metastasized and moved to more parts of the body. My advice would be to do everything you can to keep him healthy and active, but be prepared for a fast decline. Once again, I am so sorry. It seems like he's had a good life and a great owner that loves him.