Bearded Dragon in Northern VA

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by eashworth93, Jun 5, 2011.

?

Would you adopt him?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. eashworth93

eashworth93 Embryo

I am going off to college soon and can't take my beloved beardie with me. My parents told me that I need to find someone to adopt him ASAP. He is a male approx. 11-12 inches. His name is Reptar and he is very friendly. He eats mostly vegetables, his favorite is kale. I give him crickets every once in awhile but he is not accustomed to eating them often. He is very high energy and playful. If you would like to adopt him, please let me know! He needs a new home badly! Also, you would need to come pick him up but I will give you all of the supplies I already have for him including his terrarium, food and water bowls, cage accessories, poop scooper, water conditioner, and anything else I happen to have. He is adorable and a great pet and I am sad to see him go but I am happy putting him into a safe home.

Attached Files:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Rea Siewick

Rea Siewick New Member

aww, he's adorable. <3
    I am actually trying to find a home for a male of mine, too,
    so i'm not really interested,
    this is just a bump for you. C:

But if it's a major ASAP or becomes one,
    I could foster him for a bit and find him a nice home later on. :)
    I'm fine with that as long as I can have the cage and stuff for him to live in;
    three beardies in one cage is a no-no. :p

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Rea Siewick

Rea Siewick New Member

actually, now that I think about it, this might actually make my situation easier. o_O
    If Reptar and Teqe (my male) get along well,
    they could share whichever tank is bigger and then Frey (my female) could get the smaller one.
    My tank is definitely large enough for two beardies. :3

that way i'd still need to find homes, but that would make my urgency level drop by two-three points and I would no longer have to walk in on mating Beardie siblings all the time. :D
    (which is rather horrible, believe me D: )

maybe we could arrange a Beardie playdate or something?
    I live in Northern VA, too. ^_^

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. eashworth93

eashworth93 Embryo

Oh that's great! mine is rather friendly but I have never seen him around another beardie. I live in Haymarket, near Gainesville and Manassas. It is not extremely urgent but I am looking for a really good home for him and if you are interested that would be great! And yes I also have a slightly smaller cage as well as the one he currently lives in if you would like both of those and I have lamps as well

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Rea Siewick

Rea Siewick New Member

I live in Arlington.. so that's not very far. ^_^
    I could probably get out there pretty easily on a weekend or something :33
    like if I bribe a friend with gas money or my dad decides to be extra nice..

beardies usually get along pretty well as long as they're both not overly dominant. :D
    mine's pretty chill//submissive most of the time C:

yeah, supplies would be really cool.. if you're sure you don't need them. ^^
    my cage's really huge.. much bigger than they probably actually need.. it's like 2X6X2ft >_>
    && I could show you pictures of my beardies and their setup if you want. O:
    my number's 703 220 4397 if ya wanna call//text me..
    might be a little easier than communicating via forum O: