Birthday gift for my 8 year old son, any ideas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Reptile_Lovers_Mom, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Reptile_Lovers_Mom

Reptile_Lovers_Mom Embryo

My son is going to be 8 on Oct. 14th and he loves Lizzards, Geckos, and Skinks. I would like to get him one for his birthday but i have no clue which would be best for him at his age. If anyone has any advice on this matter it is greatly appreciated and thank you very much in advance.

Reptile_Lovers_Mom

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Aries123

Aries123 New Member

Leopard gecko would be good it is a really good begginers reptile and they are pretty easy to take care of and they have some really cool colors out there for a relatively cheap price.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. willow_hagrid

willow_hagrid Embryo

I got Lizzie for my sons 8th birthday and it turned out great.Lizzie is now 2.5 years and he has been to the school many times,had 2 projects done on him and got one teacher hooked on leos.Bailey says that Lizzie is the best pet ever and he takes very good care of him.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. corey

corey Well-Known Member

Lepard Geckos are great starters! they like to be held and there pretty calm too! you can see all about them at the top of the page were is says "Care Sheets" and then click on " Lepard Geckos"(hope i spelled that right) there really good pets!!!!!!

Corey

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. colinu

colinu New Member

I would also consider Blue Tounged Skinks, they are also great pets and a bit out of the ordinary.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

Crested Geckos are also great starters and have fewer requirements than a Leopard Gecko. However they are a bit more expensive than a Leopard, not much though.