constrictors in San francisco???

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by babybub, Apr 11, 2006.

1. babybub

babybub Member

i live in San francisco, CA and have a constrictor....i know you are not a able to buy or sell them in sf, but whats the policy for if you have them when you move into the city? Do you have to get a permit..or is it ok?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. thepogona

thepogona Member

i wouldn't know, but maybe East Bay Vivarium would... there shop is in Berkeley and they have a very knowledgable staff....

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. babybub

babybub Member

ya i know...thats where i go him from...but i didnt even think to ask...thats ok though...cuz im going back in a few months to pick up another ball and/or two columbian red tails. :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

constrictors in San francisco is illegal (just seen them take a guys entire collection on animal cops) angered me quite a bit to see this guy who was taking very good care of his reptiles have them taken away the aspca who is always on tv begging for money is going to confinscate 30 something snakes from a well fed home and put them in their broke facility... they were real healthy looking specimens he had all kinds of morphs I think he lost an estimated $60,000.00 worth of reptiles (these useless rent-a-cop animal police have to much authority) if an animal is being mistreated i can see them taking it away but to take away well fed and taken care of animals and put them in their shotty facility that obviously needs money (cause they beg for it all the time on animal planet) just angers me to the point smoke spews from my ears (note they confinscated ball pythons too) Not only this but they took his cages to so they would have a place to put all these snakes