Could someone help me?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by ryzard, Mar 8, 2005.

1. ryzard

ryzard New Member

First off... My sweet blackthroat monitor passed away 2 days ago, and it hurts really bad. His name was Effer (this is becuase we didnt quite get along at first, and he was what he was named) but after awhile, that lizard guarded me with his life. He wouldnt let anyone or anything he felt threatening near me, he would attack it then crawl back up on my shoulders (he thought he was alot smaller than he was, imagine a 7ft beast crawling up u) He was my pal and I've never been closer to an animal in my life. Unfortunately, Fer left me, after 8 years of a good fat happy life. It'll be hard to get used to not being able to hold him again. So this is my tribute to the guy. But what I need help with here is something I should know, but I don't: What is the difference between a Blackthroat and a Whitethroat Monitor??? I believe I would like to have a whitethroat if it is something different from effer. Thanks for listening to my sob story and if you can let me know, itd be great
    Ryanne
    rpdemello@aol.com

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Ace

Ace Embryo

I just wanted to say sorry about your loss, I am not sure the diffrence though....

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ryzard

ryzard New Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Gidgie

Gidgie Embryo

I can't answer your question either, but I just wanted to send you big virtual hugs. You gave an animal loving care and a great home for many years. Be proud. Let yourself grieve for a bit, then dust yourself off and find another animal that needs you. God knows there are plenty out there.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ryzard

ryzard New Member

You're right. I wasn't sure about another one because it would be so hard, but I think I do want to make another one happy :) This time maybe I'll take in an abandoned.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. secretkiwi

secretkiwi New Member

I assume the differences are mostly coloring, but of course I don't know about either of those kinds of monitors. I have a black roughneck monitor, and I have the same connection with him as you had with yours. He's almost my best friend. I love him and he loves me. I can understand the feeling of losing him, though.

A while ago we had some caging problems and he escaped. He had done it a couple times before, but he'd mostly stayed ontop of the cage on the heat lamp. But one time, he escaped and we couldn't find him for 3 days. I thought for sure he had dissapeared, and I spent nearly an hour on the floor infront of the cage sobbing.

But, luckily enough, he showed up. I know that can't happen with you, but I guess the moral is never stop looking. You'll find something that you can love just as much, though it may be hard at first because you were hurt before.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you find another animal you can love just as much. You've given your monitor care for 8 years, and that's amazing.

Lots of love.