Cuban Tree Frog Questions and Tank questions.

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by croc_gator_rebeccak3, Mar 30, 2007.

1. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

hi-yah! Well, i finally decided on what i want and that is Cuban Tree Frogs... they are cute, a little bullgy like a toad, and big o' eyes. NO CARESHEETS PLEASE!

i only got a few question since my budget i am giogn to spend on them is $250.

1. How much crickets do you expect they would eat if i got two and the crickets were med. sized?

2. If i got a 30 gallon long, flipped it on its side, and glued a pexi glass half way and the other half has a screen door, would this affect the temp. or humid.?

3. What type of lighting would you recommend?

4. I have heard of the ultimate bio-active soil. I can grow plants right in the siol; with out pots or bags... can you give me a bio active siol that you use or one that experienced breeders use?

5. Can you give me exo terra US websites! just in case the 30 gallon doesnt work. i know of a couple but what i am really asking is one taht you shop for decor. tanks of other things (doesnt have to be just exo terras)

thanks... i will let you know if anymore pop up. thanks!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

Im sorry for answering late.
    1) If you had bought two, I think that they will probably eat about 10-15 medium crickets evey week.
    2) I really don't recommend turning a 30 gallon long on its side like that. There is a much higher risk than turning a 10 gallon onto its side. I recommend just buying a 29 or 30 gallon tall anclosure.
    3) I would probably recommend a regular fleuorescent bulb. They don't reallt require any special lighting other than for casual viewing.
    4) I would personally use some sort of organic potting soil.
    5) http://www.everythingforpets.com/exo_terra...id.6373.dept.7/

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

no problem