Daytona 2004

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Axe, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

So who of you is going this year?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Jhoss22

Jhoss22 Member

when is it i might be in FLa when it's around and i'll stop by

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Sure Axe, rub it in.... between my sister's wedding and the coming baby, there's no way I can go. I don't think my sister would understand if I missed her wedding for the show. Maybe next year.... then we can get the baby started REALLY young with the reptiles. :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Hey, just tell her to move the wedding to Daytona :)

Sure she'll understand, lol. We'll miss you this year, but we certainly understand and wish you and the future baby all the best. When did you say you were due again?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Late Jan/ early Feb. Just trying to avoid any long trips since we tried so long before it finally happenned. That and saving money for all the baby stuff. Guess I'll just have to save up extra so I can get even more next year. :)

12. CraigC

CraigC New Member

We'll be there! Stop by our table and say hi! Gems of the Rainforest, table 259.

CraigC

13. Jhoss22

Jhoss22 Member

thats wicked awesome. we'll be heading back on the 14th and 15th. maybe i can talk the parents into stopping on the way back for an hour or 2. ohhh i hope so.gad that would be great. i better go to the bank.

14. Jhoss22

Jhoss22 Member

haha i'm so happy. my parents said i could stop at the expo for an hour or 2 while we drop my sis off at the beach. i'm goin to daytona i'm goin to daytoina.

15. helmethead

helmethead New Member

So what did everyone get? I picked up a pair of Spider geckos, and my husband bought a patternless albino Eastern Diamondback and 3 hets.

16. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

I knew there were albino easterns, but I didn't know there were patternless albino easters. Would love to see some photos.

I didn't make it into the venomous show. I went in last year, and I see venomous all the time, so it was no big deal missing out at Daytona. Most of the hots vendors I knew I spoke to down in the regular show anyway (or they live in FL, and I visited them yesterday). Yesterday we went to a couple of breeders to pick up a monocled cobra, a legionis cobra, and some amphibians.

At the show, we didn't get any animals though. We brought a bunch home for friends. They were visiting from out of state, and we shipped the animals back for them once they had arrived home.

17. helmethead

helmethead New Member

It is not completely patternless. It is missing the pattern on its head and quite a ways down its back. We already have an adult male from the same breeder that is missing the pattern and is het for albino, so we hope to reproduce it when the new girls get big enough. They are only babies now.

18. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

So the patternless isn't a recessive trait like the leopard geckos & burmese pythons? It's just a regular eastern or albino eastern with a seriously reduced pattern?

19. helmethead

helmethead New Member

Yes it is recessive.

20. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Oh, ok, cool. I'll have to see if I can hunt out some pics of that then ;)

21. helmethead

helmethead New Member

Apparently it is something that goes along with the albinism, like that is where it started from what I know. We haven't actually gotten the new snakes yet. We just put a down payment on them. But I will have to get a pic of our male for you to see. It is really cool.