Daytona Breeders Expo

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Katt, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Katt

Katt Moderator

I figure I should start this thread now to give ya'll time to come! The Daytona Breeders Expo is the biggest reptile show in the US. Its like top 5 in the world, I belive. We've got our hotel reservations. The first day of the show is the 18th. Alot of people come up earlier, to met up with the other reptile people and party often. This year theres going to be a boa symposium along turtle and tortise lectures, the annual reptile art show. And the tons of vendors. The syposiums are on the 17th, Friday night. The show runs the 18th, and 19th. Even if its a far drive, its deffinatly worth it. The doors open at 10am and close at 5pm, and the auction starts at 7 at the hotel across the street from the show, the Hilton.
    Heres the site for the show if you need more info. http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/index.html

So, who all is coming? CheriS and myself will be there. And I know a few people from out of state and in Canada who come every year. Alot of people make plans to get together, go have dinner or hang out at the hotel. Theres always stuff to do, considering theres all the bars and resturants, the hotel on the beach, and the Boardwalk all withing 5 mins of eachother.
    Is anybody going looking for any reps or items? I will be searching for a good female to go with my male bloodred het. hypo lavender corn snake. I'm hoping to find another bloodred het. hypo lav. like him. Or a lavender, or a bloodred lavender. And maybe if i can find a super gorgeous snow or blizzard female to let my snow male have another lady. And I'm hoping to find some people who are intrested in one of my snow babies when they hatch and are ready to go( I prolly shouldnt be saying it considering they arent even laid yet...doh!). I'd like for them to have homes in Florida, that way if anyhitng happens they can comeback to me. But if they dont, oh well.

So, I'm so excited for this show! Like every year.

Katt

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. surfrider561

surfrider561 New Member

Awesome..thanks for the scoop..Ill have to make my reservations asap..Hopefully ill be able to score a new Panther Cham...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Collard

Collard Member

We will be there :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Kingetula

Kingetula New Member

I'll be there. Wanted to go last year but things happened that kept me from doing so. I live in Jacksonville so it's only an hour ish for me. I'm taking the GF and kids.

Are the Rosy Boas CB07 going to be ready by then? I would like to get a couple of those.

MY list all CB07

Rosy Boa
    Gray Banded Kings
    Mexican Black King (All Black)
    Eastern King (Black and white)
    Florida King
    Honduran Milksnake
    Arizona Mountain King
    Chihuahua Mountain Kingsnake
    Corn snake
    I'd like a Mole King but not sure if I can find one

I'm looking for the above average snake so I'll be happy if I walk out with 1/2 my list. I'm to damn picky to walk out with just any snake.

And maybe pick up something that I see that I must have

Any HOT snakes there? Never been.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Katt

Katt Moderator

There is a hot show every year. Its 18+. I'm not sure if its gonna be there this year. If so it will be on the top floor of the show building. And theres a ton of snakes there. I've seen some of the rarest gorgeousest snakes. The breeders expo is pretty much the place where breeders who have been working and developing new morphs and line to show off. Theres gonna be new stuff and rare herps. And its gonna be amazing. I'm so excited. Hopeing to find some pl in florida who would be looking for a cornsnake. I have 18 eggs in the incubator right now! If you want one, I def got ya if you wanted a snow. Id love for them to go to homes in florida.

If any of ya see me walking around anywhere come up and say hi. I love meeting people on the site. Cheri does to I belive. With how much time everyone puts into it its great to finally see some fces and talk face to face with the ppl you interct with daily. lol. One year I suggested we wear nametags that said reptilerooms.com and our nicks. If yall cared We could organize a get together in the hotel after the show one day.

So excited. Only 8 more weeks guys!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. SamAndLindy

SamAndLindy Member

I want to do but its a no from my parent we live in venice.

12. Badger_N

Badger_N New Member

Will be there for sure. Also the one in Orlando is on the 14th and 15th. Planning to make that one on the 15th.

13. Katt

Katt Moderator

* Chants " Breesers Expo Breeders Expo Breeders Expo"*
    I am sooo excited. Awsome hotel, God of reptiler shows, Amazing beach, And possibly new pets. How can it get any better? I really hope I find the morph corn I'm looking for.

I still think we should organize a reptilerooms.com meeting at sometime. I'll attpemt to organize it if theres enough people willing to come. Lemme know guys.

Only like 3 1/2 weeks left!!!

14. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Hey KATT! You're so lucky do you know that :p When i have enough money i'm flying over and getting to that expo!

15. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

I should be there all weekend. Cant wait. Where else can you find so many reptiles under one roof?

16. Katt

Katt Moderator

I know Luke ^^. Youll see it eventually. And nowhere voodoo13. The breeders expo is the biggest reptiler show in the states.

17. CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing Embryo

Come by my table, 434, and introduce yourselves...

a few hatchlings so far..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:Mark

18. Katt

Katt Moderator

Awsome mark. I'll def stop by your table. Only 12 more days to go you guys. I'm doing anyhitng I can to get up some more money. Its getting a little pathetic, lol.

19. surfrider561

surfrider561 New Member

Ive been cutting any corner i can to get together some extra loot..I have a long shopping list indeed..

20. josh_p

josh_p Embryo

Man, I really want to go. I live in Longwood so it's not that far. I'm almost broke though, with the 10$ admission I'll have roughly 10 bucks to spend. :roll:

21. Katt

Katt Moderator

Heh, I only have like $15 to spend on a couple hundered dollar snake. Its worht going to even if you dont have any money. The daytona show is the show that all the breeders wait to show their new morphs and rare animals at.

22. Badger_N

Badger_N New Member

[​IMG]

23. RobertII

RobertII Well-Known Member

I bet your excited Badger.
    I know you have been waiting for this trip.
    I dont think I will be there.
    You guys got to make sure that you take tons of pics for me.

Robert

24. Katt

Katt Moderator

Lemme have your camera if you aint gonna be there. someone needs to take proffesional pics. :( lol jk suck you might not get to go

25. RobertII

RobertII Well-Known Member

Yea.
    My Nikon is broke.
    Someone broke the lense bracket that holds the lense in the camera.
    So I got to hold it in or it falls out.
    You have my only camera that wroks.

Robert