DISCOID ROACHES

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by barlifter, May 11, 2006.

1. barlifter

barlifter New Member

alright i understand but i convinced my parents dude im getting them...........im buyin roach food and egg crates with them as well

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. barlifter

barlifter New Member

and oh yea is there ne where i can get a heating source for my tub like flexwatt from a local store like wal mart or a pet store or sumthing because i really really really dont feel like ordering flexwatt

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ellman605

ellman605 Member

flexwatt is the cheapest and easiest way to go, just order that from beanfarm.com (i think thats it)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

You can get a UTH or heat cable from the pet stores, but not flexwatt. The UTH's are more expensive than flexwatt but work just as well.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. barlifter

barlifter New Member

i jus thought it would be too much of a hassle to buy the flexwatt tape then the cord and all the other stuff u gotta have for it and THEN ship it and THEN take the risk it might not work when it gets here so i might jus get a regular human heating pad or heat cable

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

whatever gets the job done.

12. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

.. in response to ur "off topic" question... no, petco nor petsmart will buy leos off of u, no corporate stores will. They have corporate contracts with large breeders who supply all of their stores. and unless you get a liscence to sell animals, you cant... so I wouldnt publicise that you are... you can get hit with some HUGE fines... I'm sure people do it, but... if u get caught, you are screwed. I dont know how much the licesnces are but I know to get a corporate contract you need to be able to send out something like 20 babies a month.... and ur babies may be shipped all over the US.... so I wouldnt count on that.... if you do choose to do it you may want to set up a deal (in writing!) with a local mom and pop pet shop or a non-corporate store (no petcos are... dont know about petsmart) and make sure they are being housed and taken care of correctly... and keep in mind they will only pay you 10-15 dollars for each leo.. unless its a crazy morph that they can mark up... but petco does not "see" morphs, so all leos are priced the same (good for us, bad for breeders.... but they have to meet their quota so... .)

13. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

yeah i know petsmart checks for morphs and prices accordingly