discoloration around some scales

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by surinameboa, Aug 2, 2007.

1. surinameboa

surinameboa New Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Blake_Herman

Blake_Herman Well-Known Member

I'm having a little trouble identifying exactly where you're talking about in the pictures... I think I see something, but maybe you can specify more what you are seeing? When is the last time this snake shed? And what is the age of the snake? And maybe a little more info on the setup (humidity levels?)...? Sorry for all the questions... Thanks.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. surinameboa

surinameboa New Member

on the second picture it looks like all the scales are folded over. the last time that he shed was a bout 4 weeks ago. he is about 9 months old. the temps are at high 90 and the low 83 the humidity is at 52%. i am just worried that this is something that is genetic. or if there is a skin disease that i should be aware that might have signs of folding scales or if he has to go see a vet right away

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Blake_Herman

Blake_Herman Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry, maybe it's just me, but I can't see in detail the scales... are they folding out away from the body? or are they folded up under the scales? sorry, I'm really not trying to be difficult... :wink:

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. surinameboa

surinameboa New Member

can you see the separation between some of the scales. almost looks like the are streched apart from one another. there not folded away from the body if it would help more for me to get better pictures of the area i can try and get more tonight. this is my first burm i have had multiple snakes but never had this kind of problem