DONATE

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by maru23, Oct 7, 2006.

1. maru23

maru23 New Member

i have 5 leo geckos,1 las vagas albino(male)2femmels(normal)(tang.carrot TAIL) and 2 males babys(1 normal and 1 albino)ok here is my big problem, in about 7 or 8 months i'll move to another country,south america(uruguay),and i was thinking of bring them all with me, but the thing is that there is no where to find food for them, i love them so much,i know that i cant take good care of them in my contry,so i was thinking of donate them, what you all think about that , and if you know any place where i can donate them to , or what should i do?thans

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. LeoDee

LeoDee Well-Known Member

Donate them? Where do you live?

Most states have reptile rescue/adoption groups. Your local animal shelter would take them as well. Do some research in your area to find an organization that will attempt to re-home your animals. Keep in mind that "donate" means that you give something to someone in need... and animal adoption organizations don't need more unwanted pets! These programs are not always successful, so see if any friends or family are interested first.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. baby_gemini

baby_gemini Member

maru im very sorry to hear that .. where do u live at the moment?? i would really love to help u .. not sure if i can or not but if u let me know where u live .. and i might be able to help u find homes ..

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. maru23

maru23 New Member

i live in queens , new york

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Gyko_The_Leo

Gyko_The_Leo Member

Why don't you sell them??

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. AnimalGurl

AnimalGurl Member

there is an adoption section in this forum as well maybe post in there and see if there is someone near u that could take them?? I totally would but its hard to get them accross the boarder.

12. sterkrazzy

sterkrazzy New Member

that forum section is exactly whered id go, people are always up for taking care of a free reptile, most will even pay for shipping

13. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

Thats too bad that you will have to get rid of them all. I would be heart broken beyound belief if this happened to me and my geckos. Try starting here on RR and maybe talk to some local pet store owners or vets they may know of adoption places in your area.

14. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

He's moving there in 7 months, so they're still in the US.

15. bandedgecko

bandedgecko Well-Known Member

You can offer them to people for free if they pay the shipping.
    Its only 20 bucks usps.

16. johnball353

johnball353 New Member

i'd take them but i live in ireland and i doubt they'd like that kinda travel!!! :)

17. Gyko_The_Leo

Gyko_The_Leo Member

I suggest FEDEX OR UPS Next Day.........Not Snail Mail

18. 91foxbody

91foxbody Member

overnight fed ex is pretty expensive, but certainly worth the security.

19. baby_gemini

baby_gemini Member

.. um i might be able to take one .. and yes id pay for over night .. PM or .. email me or sumthin im on RR like everyday .. let me know

20. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

hm, id drive down and pick up a little guy :) I'd love to have the RW albino male to go with my female! My bf will kill me of course but whats one more when you have 20! lol.
    I live in south boston at the moment... well for the next year at least but I will be going down to NY (Long island) the weekend of the 11th in november if you will still be around and willing to give one by then. If not I am always going back and forth and wouldnt mind a little trip for a leo :)

Also, have you thought about breeding your own feeders? Like starting a superworm and mealworm colony? You may be able to support a number of leos as long as you time it right so you have a constant supply of feeders.... Just an idea, it would be a huge pain to bring the leos cages AND feeder colonies to another country... not to mention that they may not let them in... I dont know the exact rules and regulations for reptiles going to different countries... might be something to look into :)

Edit: Oh! And i second that overnight shipping is the best and it is expensive... expect to pay around 35-65 bucks

21. baby_gemini

baby_gemini Member

ya i called Fedex and they have same day delevery but it starts at 225 us .. and if u are willing to ship ( i live in canada) i would absoluly LOVE the tangerine carrottail also .. i live near toonto ont .. and i might be able to get a drive to newyork .. my aunt lives there .. so if u really do not want to ship i could probally do that .. (tell my mom that she hasnt seen her in a while so we should go for the day lol ) any please let me know when u can thx

22. 91foxbody

91foxbody Member

you dont have to do same day. if you can afford it...sweet! but overnight (with proper packaging and heating) will do just fine...its what most breeders do. i know my little guy is leaving boston on tuesday morning at about 9:00 AM, and will get here (Orlando, FL) by around 10:30 Wednesday morning. it was about 40 bucks i believe (plus i paid for shipping supplies), but it's totally worth it!

23. Gyko_The_Leo

Gyko_The_Leo Member

did u call UPS, DHL

24. baby_gemini

baby_gemini Member

40 bucks is nothin compared to what ive spent already.. lol anything under 100 should be fine for me

25. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Moving this to the adoption forum.