doyou think this forum need some appearance changing?? :)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Questions' started by teiryklav, Apr 18, 2009.

1. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

hi.
    so i've been in this forum for a while. but not too long.
    this is not to be disrecpectful, but i'm getting a bit bored of this forums's theme.
    i think maybe we should change the appearance of the forum, making it more attractive, so it too will attract more people to come here.
    like changing colour and title picture will do great :D
    i know this not an easy simple thing to do, but i know some can. perhaps we all can work together by sending pics, or something like that.
    what d'y think?? :lol:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kephy

kephy Moderator

I like it the way it is.

but if you want something different, at the bottom left of the forum you can change the skin.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

I like it how it is too, and this is how it has been for the duration of the site.
    Although you can change the skin as kephy said.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. kephy

kephy Moderator

Attractive is a matter of opinion, ya know? You want it to be "more attractive" to you, but what what you find attractive may not be attractive to everyone else. You can't please everyone all of the time.

I've been here for 5 years and I'm not bored of it, because I think it's attractive and original. It is very much a signature look, and when I see it I think "Reptile Rooms". I don't want it to change.

As far as attracting new members, if someone is new here they will be seeing it for the first time either way. So I don't think changing it is going to have any effect on new memberships.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ikermalli

ikermalli Well-Known Member

Yeah when you see reptile rooms, and then all the different greens and browns, and lizards in the fast reply, add reply and new topic buttons, it makes it seem so original. Also, when I was young and thought of reptiles, I always thought they had to be green, so it goes with this being a reptile site in my mind.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. wearentfree420

wearentfree420 Member

Yea i agree with everyone else that the lizard in the fast reply and the title pic are good.

The only thing i could say is like maybe the actual forum skin background color changed. like maybe to a more greenish reptile looking color or something.

12. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

mm mm . .
    so thats what you think..

yea greenish reptilian colour will be great :D :lol:

13. kephy

kephy Moderator

Honestly, there are so many green colored reptile sites and forums out there already. This one stands apart from the rest because it ISN'T green.

The color it is now is very much a bearded dragon color, and the owner of the site's favorite reptile is bearded dragons (hence the title pictures). So it fits. And if we changed the colors of the background, then the beautiful gecko buttons wouldn't match, the "edit, quote, reply" buttons wouldn't match, and someone would have to redo those as well. It is a lot of work you're asking. If someone with the talent and time feels up to it, great. Maybe they can make it another skin to choose from. But I'd like to keep the one we have now as the forum default, it feels like home to me.

14. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

thats ok kephy. just my opinion :lol:

15. drseuss727

drseuss727 New Member

I think it is great as is.