dumb question

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Okeetee45, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Okeetee45

Okeetee45 Embryo

:oops: would it be possible to train a snake like to come to it's name lol

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. auskan

auskan Embryo

Snakes are deaf.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Okeetee45

Okeetee45 Embryo

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. sapphire_moon

sapphire_moon Embryo

snakes are not deaf, they hear diffrently. They hear a vibration type noise, not voices.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Okeetee45

Okeetee45 Embryo

then could i beat on the floor or something

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. sapphire_moon

sapphire_moon Embryo

if they can hear a mouse's foot steps then beating on the floor would be the equivlent of yelling right in your ear at the loudest a person can yell. And snakes can not be trained anyways. They are an instinctual reptile, they are not like a dog, cat, rabbit etc...etc....

12. auskan

auskan Embryo

Snakes are deaf. They have no ears, therefore they cannot hear. They can FEEL vibrations, in the same way that you and I do - that is not the same as HEARing.

13. whistler

whistler New Member

doest it depend what u mean by train? . when i slide open the door in the cabinet causing a certain amount of vibration ,my corns heads soon come out knowing theres food in the offing.

14. whistler

whistler New Member

same thing when i go in the aviary were my pythons are , soon as the door is opened i have to check were the snakes are coming from.got bitten that way a short while ago ,dropped a rat on the floor about twilight ,went to pick it up ,didnt c the snake in the bush and he hit me by mistake.

15. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

The only way to really "train" a snake is by repetition. Feed them the same way, handle them the same way, clean their cage the same way, etc. Once they get used to a routine, then they will react to the stimuli within the routine every time. It's not really training so much as them learning what you do (your routine) and reacting to your actions. Repetition is about the only way to really get them into a routine.

16. whistler

whistler New Member

isnt that the way your mum and dad TRAINED u????????????????repetition????????