Elijah Went Blue

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by LittleMick, Nov 29, 2009.

1. LittleMick

LittleMick Member

I hadn't seen Elijah for a just over a day after his latest feed, but yesterday was his clean out day, so I took everything out to find him in his warm hide, and he was blue, yayyyyy, his first blue session since in my care. So I'm looking forward to examining his shed when it happens. Since he was in his warm hide I figured he may be looking for soome humidity somewhere so after his house clean I put a hunid hide in the faun in the form of a washed out coffee mate jar, lol. I hope that helps him if he needs it.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Belletair

Belletair New Member

I take it he's a new guy of sorts?

Regardless, that's awesome. Here's to a clean shed. :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LittleMick

LittleMick Member

Yeah I got him at the beginning of November, so he's been in my care for a month. He's doing great, eating well, seems comfy and curious in his faun. So this will be his first shed. I'm hoping it goes well, I was rather hoping he would use his humid hide that I put in there as soon as I saw him go blue, but he stays in his cool hide.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Belletair

Belletair New Member

Very awesome. I rarely have a corn shed poorly, they tend to be the the best "shedders" I've seen. I bet ya yours will do fine. :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LittleMick

LittleMick Member

Well, I thought I was mistaken when I said Elijah went blue, he stayed in his hide for a few days, then when he came out again he wasn't blue, I thought it was weird, I checked his hide and no shed.

Anyway, today was feeding day so I took him out and put him in a seperate box, then went into his faun to do some spot cleaning and I found his shed all entwined in a silk vine I have in there, no wonder I couldn't see it before. It was in 2 parts, the eye caps were in the shed, but missing the tail, I checked Elijah for any stuck shed but he is all clean. So I would like to class it as a successful shed.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Belletair

Belletair New Member

Awesome to hear. ^_^

And yeah, some snakes will go blue then turn back to normal-ish for a while before a shed. It's possible that's what happened.

Regardless, glad he had a good shed. :)