F.I.R.E.

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by voodoo13, Jul 6, 2006.

1. slowfoxbird

slowfoxbird New Member

RinkRat, leodeal, what are you guys talking about?!?! It takes less than 2 hours to get to Daytona from where you are at. If you remember, I-4 is a direct link between Tampa and Daytona. I live in Leesburg, and will be going to the Daytona show. Going off of what everyone I know says, the Daytona show is worth the drive. Especially if you are as close as we are. I will be going to try and find a Boaphile cage for my Blood.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

Yeah if it is as big of an event as it looks there will be breeders and vendors from all over the US. If your into snakes and reps it looks like the place to be.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Samael

Samael New Member

i know i have to keep it high, i just need to find a place where i can get a blood. where'd you get yours?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. CrotalusKlauberi

CrotalusKlauberi New Member

For those who said Tampa to Daytona was too far, I don't understand unless you rely on mom and dad, ride a Moped or don't have a car? 2 hours (ish) is never too far, 4 or 5 hours might be a bit far.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Samael

Samael New Member

tampa to daytona is too far for a one day show. if you plan on staying a few days it is not far. I mean, if i drive from my house to tampa, it'll take about 4 hours, though.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. slowfoxbird

slowfoxbird New Member

Samael, I got my Blood from the Tampa show in October of '05. Where in Florida do you live?

12. slowfoxbird

slowfoxbird New Member

Sam, I just realized that you and I are also talking in another section here! Haha! Daytona would not be a big deal for you, just drive a little south on A1A. I can start in Tampa, and make Daytona in 2 hours, 3 max! If someone is looking for something, from what I have heard, you will find it at the Daytona show. This year will be my first trip over there for reptiles. I can't wait!! Been there plenty of times for Bikeweek and Biketoberfest though!!

13. Samael

Samael New Member

oh i know i can get there in an hour, i think less depending on where i get on 95 from. lol. I hope i can get a good one at the daytona show, just what is the website so i can get directions to the place and can set up a meeting with my friends as i told them it is supposed to be huge.

14. CrotalusKlauberi

http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/ look around, they have driving directions on the site somewhere

15. Samael

Samael New Member

do you know the hours? doors open at and close at?

16. CrotalusKlauberi

Sam, come on man :(

It's on the website, I gave a link and you can find this stuff out in 2 clicks :)

17. Samael

Samael New Member

ok, i was just being lazy. lol. 10:00am to 5:00 pm. nice window.

18. ArpeggioAngel

ArpeggioAngel Embryo

We went to the FIRExpo on Sunday. I came home with a male caramel motley corn from Home Grown Herps and my friend came home with a hypo bloodred female from Bay Area Reptiles. Kathy Love had some great Okeetees but I had to pass this time. We talk to her a lot on cornsnakes.com. I think a lot of vendors are holding their best stuff for Daytona since it is less than a month away.
    Tampa is not a bad drive. That is where we live and we are going to the show. Of course, we are spending the night in a hotel out there too, but we have done the roundtrip in one day before. There should be a few hundred vendors as this is "THE" show to go to. Here is the link to the show website. Has door times, vendors, etc....
    http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/

19. Samael

Samael New Member

so this is the show to go to i have heard, can't wait!

20. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

It would take me longer than two hours. I live a minute from the beach here. It takes me 30 minutes to get to tampa, and it takes a hour and 40 on a good day to get to orlando. And yes, I do rely on my mom or dad, but I drive and they ride along just because they don't want me going alone.

21. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

Let me clarify that...in my other post I said I was in Tampa, but that is because not many people know where Seminole is. I live in Seminole, and I see that ArpeggioAngel does too...and since it would take me around 3+ hours to get to Daytona beach, take off a little....I don't have a car, rely on my mom, and I don't plan on getting a moped. I do have my license, it just takes a little time to save up for a car. If I could get to the Daytona show, I would definately go!

22. dreyer1

dreyer1 New Member

when is the next show in daytona?

23. ArpeggioAngel

ArpeggioAngel Embryo

August 18th-20th. It is the National Reptile Breeders Expo. The BIG show of the year.

24. CrotalusKlauberi

WOOT!

25. Samael

Samael New Member

oh yeah, it is getting closer, though i just bought and albino burm and aren't going to buy, my friend is though and i get too look.