Feeding??

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by JesterOfHearts, Jan 16, 2008.

1. JesterOfHearts

JesterOfHearts Embryo

I recently bought a baby male veiled chameleon. On his sides are little ridges that I think are his ribs. Is this normal? I've been feeding him about 4 to 5 crickets a day. I gut load them and dust them in a calcium supplement. Should I be feeding him more or is this plenty? Thanks for any help :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ThePHX

ThePHX Member

pictures could help! but could be skinny for a numberrr of reasons, however id never limit your animals intake of food just let them eat as many as they can in about 15 mins, sometimes for my baby panther shell eat like 10 in 15 mins...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. kinyonga

kinyonga Member

If the base of the tail is round its a good indication that your chameleon is not too thin.

I usually feed a baby chameleon all it can eat in a couple of minutes. What size crickets are you feeding it?

Is the calcium powder phosphorous-free?

What UVB light are you using (brand and compact or linear)? Does it get any direct sunlight? There should be no glass or plastic between the UVB and the chameleon.

Do you gutload your insects and feed them a nutritious diet? (Specifics please!)

What is the temperature in the basking area?

Do you use any vitamin powder?