Female Sulcata for sale

Discussion in 'Reptile Classifieds' started by reedb9, Sep 16, 2011.

1. reedb9

reedb9 Embryo

I have an African spurred tortoise (Geochelone sulcata) that is about 4-5 years old. She is approximately 8.5 inches long, 6 inches wide and weighs about 3 lbs. She was given to me as a gift and I spent a great deal of time learning how to house, feed, and care for her. Having learned what this remarkable creature needs, I have become very aware that I cannot provide a lasting home for her. The climate here in Oregon is not conducive to her being outside for many months of the year, and I do not have adequate space indoors for her to live. Her name is Kobe (Swahili for tortoise). She is healthy, very personable (wakes up & walks toward me when she hears my voice!), and loves to roam outside in the summer and eat grasses. She already had some pyramiding when I got her last Christmas, but has had an abundance of grasses and healthy food since I’ve had her, so it has not progressed.
    Please respond only if you are thoroughly knowledgeable about how to care for sulcatas and are able to provide a good home for her. I am asking $300 for her, and may be willing to drive half way to transport her (depending on where you live!).

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

I would not be allowed to buy her, but I commend you for realizing you cannot provide the adequate care required. Many people would continue to care for her which could lead to neglect. It is very responsible choice, though I'm sure it's a very hard choice (i know the feeling, unfortunately.) I hope you find a good home for her :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. AJV

AJV Embryo

Hi..I am in Florida and looking for a girlfriend for my Boy Sulcata. He is about 5 yrs old..and has lots of room to roam around and play. do you still have her?..are you willing to negotiate the price?