Florida laws ?

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by kmcnbac, Jun 11, 2006.

1. kmcnbac

kmcnbac Embryo

Hello I am new to this site and I have couple of questions to ask.
    My husband and I are playing with the idea of opening a mainly reptile pet shop. I have been looking for the laws in Florida but really don't find much which is surprising. Does anybody know of any other then the cage and care restrictions? Also I would like any feed back on what anybody expects and wants in a Reptile pet shop. I know what I would like to see and want but I would like feed back from other reptile breeders and lovers. This is not an overnight idea we have been thinking of this for years and presently breed and sale reptiles on a low scale at our home and now have decided that due to being tired of seeing the several people buy reptiles with out any sense of how to care for them from the very unknowledgable pet shops here we would like to open a store to the public that will be known for the great care and knowledgeable staff. Sorry I seem to be ranting but this something very dear to our hearts any feed back is welcomed. Thank you.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kindall

kindall Embryo

Hi, I live in the Pensacola area... i'm only 16 so it's not like i'm going to be opening any stores... But i do love your idea. i've thought about ideas like that, i love reptiles. just recently got into snakes... and although i have much love for the pets with fur, reptiles are just much more fascinating to me.

I think some ideas for reptiles would most definately be savannah monitors, argus monitors, crested geckos, some of the leaftail species geckos, hmm... and a few different python or boa types of snakes, red tail boas definately... beautiful animals. well.. hope my opinon helped, this was posted over a month ago, but figured i could post and try anyway... good luck.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. froggymatt

froggymatt Embryo

amphibians definitely amphibians!