Forced to give away

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by KLiK, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

well my parents have decided to make me give away my savannah monitor because he is more then 2ft long and he is somewhat aggressive when he is hungry, and he has escaped his tank once already. my mom doesnt feel safe with him in the house and she fears that when he is adult size that he will cause some serious damage to the house and people including my 2year old cousin who loves him. so i am going to be giving him away soon. but on the bright side my parents said that i can get a ferret in replace because of them being cute, fuzzy, and friendly. i am really disappointed that i have to get rid of Tripp, but i am glad that i can get a ferret.

P.S.
    for those of you who saw that i was putting up my iguana for adoption, i am glad to say that he is now in a good home in yonkers where he lives with 2 other iguanas. i was amazaed at how all 3 of them got a long fine. i think it was because the other 2 were females

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dan420

dan420 Member

KLiK, where are you giving him away to?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tigor9117

tigor9117 New Member

ohh msn thstd s bummer.i know how it feels to have to giva away an animal especialy a reptile.i also had to give away my iguana.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

im not sure yet

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Ferrets are not warm and fuzzy, they can be very viscious. And they don't smell very nice either. RATS are friendlier than ferrets!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

but they can get demusked so they dont smell that bad. ive always wanted a ferret though. my mom likes them because of the reason i stated before, but i have seen ferrets kill rabbits i think it is amazing...of course i wouldnt let mine do that lol

12. dan420

dan420 Member

Man, i wish i could get a monitor, they look pretty cool and seem wicked awesome, but i dont have the time or space for any other herps :(. KLiK, are there any monitors you know of that stay pretty small and dont require an really big tank?

13. Floyd_Is_My_Beardie

Floyd_Is_My_Beardie Member

KLiK - i would so take it for you and look after it and then give it back when you wanted it back, but i am so sorry i live in Canada. i hope you find it a good home :( you sound like a great owner. Sorry you have to give him up.

14. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i know i really love him to. im a a monitor nut! lol but yea.....im checking out my dad's friends house in yonkers, ny today to see if he has enough room for him. his son has had a blue tail monitor before so he has some experience with monitors

15. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

timors and ackies stay 2ft although red ackies have been know to reach 3ft. a minimum tank size would be a 50g. ackies are very handable, but timors are known for being shy.

16. dan420

dan420 Member

hmm...i may have to think about getting one of them.

17. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

well its done my monitor is now in a new home. im sure guna miss you Tripp

18. MidNight

MidNight Embryo

When i was like 9 i had a ferret (all white) it was buttiful. never once did it open its mouth to bite from what i remember. But later on i developed some alergys with it so i had to give it up. its now in NJ with my grandmother how loves animals. i know shell take care of TIM. also waht kinds of parots you got Klik?

19. Thecargoddess

Thecargoddess Embryo

Ferrets are very...50/50 pets. Taken from expirence. I've owned 2, I've worked at a ferret shelter and I now work at a pet shop. Ferrets have some great points and some bad points. P.S they make ferret shampoos and body sprays that are safe to use and help a lot ;)

20. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

Klik,

Glad you found a home for him, and took the time to check things out so he has a good home, very responsible of you to put that time in to make sure things were right for him.

21. kephy

kephy Moderator

FALSE. Have you ever had a ferret? Where did you hear that stuff?

Ferrets can have their good and bad points, like any pet. I've met a few rowdy ferrets, yes they sometimes bite. but I have never met one that was "vicious". For the most part they are awesome little critters with fabulous and hilarious personalities. As someone who has owned both ferrets and rats, I can honestly say that neither are more inclined to be more or less vicious than the other. Does this look all that vicious to you?

And, if they are descented and their cages and furniture kept clean, they don't smell any worse than a rat. (BTW, the more you shampoo them, the more oils they have to produce for their fur to stay healthy. Fewer baths and better cleaning of cages is the best way to control any smell they have. We only give ours baths about every other month or so, and they smell fine.)

Please don't go around giving them bad reputations if you don't have personal experience with them. Misinformation is what is making them illegal in some states. For an animal that has been domesticated longer than the common household cat, that makes me really sad.

22. bendee31

bendee31 Embryo

savannah monitor

HI,

I AM INTERESTED IN THE SAVANNAH MONITOR.I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY.
    WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS HE HANDABLE AND WHAT SHAPE IS HE IN.
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW. YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT BENDEE31@YAHOO.COM

THANKS
    BEN

23. hrotroff

hrotroff New Member

Before you get another pet, make sure you know that ferrets can also get loose and your Mom might not like it either. I had friends that had one that ended up burrowing under their carpeting, getting into the heating systems/registers, etc... They were stinky, too.

24. herpfanatic

herpfanatic Member

good thing you get a ferret to replace the moniter. i love herps but i also happen to love ferrets. i think they are adorable (when trained well). im getting a gecko.

25. DizzyStar

DizzyStar Member

haha i was abotu to say, the first time she gets chomped on by a ferret she'll probably make you give that away too. but they are so much fun adn if you work with them alot, like most animals, they can be trained. mine used a litter box =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.