gaboon feeding videos

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by Blake_Herman, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Blake_Herman

Blake_Herman Well-Known Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Blake_Herman

I'm a little surprised, do people just not like venomous stuff in this section of the forum...? I would think people would at least look and there haven't been many views and no comments...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

My, what big teeth you have!! Excellent pictures and video.....not a snake I would mess around with :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

Absolutley beautiful. I love the colouring on Katie.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. wormiebj

wormiebj New Member

real pretty snakes are u playin on breedin?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Blake_Herman

honestly don't know yet, but I'm leaving my options open... they have a long way to go though if I do decide to breed... thanks...

12. pink_playdo

pink_playdo New Member

do u take that thing out and play with it?

i LOVE those snakes, but that might be to much for me, cause i like something you can play with fromt ime to time, and if that were to bite u, ouch!

very pretty though, nice videos

13. Blake_Herman

no, we don't "play" with these... they do come out to get baths, and for cage cleaning, things like that... but they are really growing now... they've almost tripled in weight in the past 2 months or so... keeping them hydrated is a real challenge...

14. gadd19

gadd19 Member

nice videos blake. i thought they were gunna be videos of the snake striking at the rat....you should post some vids of that!

15. Blake_Herman

sorry, but they don't strike at them... they just open up and start swallowing... kind of boring I know, but it's very interesting to watch how they use their fangs to manuver the food...

16. anaconda_snakes

anaconda_snakes Embryo

Gaboon vipers are such interesting looking snakes, such a short and fat body.

17. conservationist

conservationist Member

hey blake i was just wondering if you keep any antivenom at your house for if you get bit, or do you just live near a hospital. lol!!!

18. Blake_Herman

I don't have any antivenin, and yes I do live near a hospital but that doesn't exactly mean they can help me... I am working on trying to get some though...

19. willythegame16

willythegame16 Member

they are amazing . really amazing

20. anaconda_snakes

anaconda_snakes Embryo

I clicked the link but nothing happend.

21. Blake_Herman

I think this one might have been linked with the old website cause this was back in August... let me see what I can do... or maybe I'll just get some new videos, they've gotten a lot bigger since then...

22. Herp__Kid

Herp__Kid Member

ur website has alot of dead links

23. Blake_Herman

which website? these old links were from the old website, and the new website doesn't have all the same links so they don't work now... i honestly didn't think people would be digging through the old posts so I thought it wasn't too big of a deal to worry about... If there's something else going wrong with it, please let me know, you can message me or whatever you want...

24. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

Blake you need to get a video. I would like to see one of them eat. I know you said they dont really strike but would be interesting to see them use there teeth to slide the prey down.

25. Blake_Herman

well the female is starting to do this little death strike, it's kind of funny but really scary at the same time... I'll work on getting some new videos for everyone...