General Reptile Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Janice, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Oscar

Oscar Member

Very glad you got yourself a fella your happy with, but I can't help but think of the poor guy your brought back... hope he finds a good home too....

Have fun with the new one!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Yes, I know, I'm still sad about the other one. I think they were taking him to the vet. We are in there all the time for supplies, and they will keep us updated. I just think it would have been a big vet bill for us, and maybe continual problems. We got pretty attached to that snake in very little time (DID I SAY THAT??). I never knew I would like having a snake around!!!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Hopefully more people will begin to realize these are not hideous, evil and slimy creatures society has made them out to be.

BTW, I think you absolutely did the right thing there, Janice. There's no reason for you to have to go through the time and money it would have probably taken for you to make that snake healthy. In addition to that maybe once the pet shop sees the problems that are involved with the snake themselves they will relay that to the breeder and either they will change or maybe lose a customer. By keeping that snake you would have eliminated any chance for those positive changes to occur.