Geting a ball

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Tim90, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Tim90

Tim90 New Member

Where can I get a ball! the pet store onaly has one that they wont sell because it has a very bad resportory infection. Also there seems to be not to many babys right now. When do the eggs hatch? And where can I get them from fairly cheap. I was hoping for a cheap albino but too expensive...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Cheap is not the best!
    Save your money and buy a good healthy captive bred animal from a reputable source.
    If you are looking on line some of the good places are Frantzherp.com , lllreptile.com, and reptilebasics.com There are tons more out there but those are the first three that come to mind.
    Some other options are to check out some local rescues and reptile shows.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Tim90

Tim90 New Member

I ment cheap as in large supply and lower proces for the same thing. I live in SE ohio and not to much around here. Athens to be exact.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Hercules

Hercules Embryo

you should join a local herp club and they will send you lots of news letters felled with lots of good advise and thing happening round the herp world and a list off good snake breeders....

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Well, if you want to travel a little bit, the All-Ohio Reptile Show in Columbus as always an option. Pretty good breeders there and most have decent prices. When it comes to prices, you don't want to get duped into paying too much for an animal (Which is likely to happen at any pet store where they sell baby bearded dragons for $60!) but an extremely low price should make you wonder why it's so cheap. There's also a rescue group in Ohio called Arrowhead that adopts out rescued animals and Ball Pythons are big on their list. Most are full grown or close to it, but they have so many, it might be a nice place to start. The places stormy mentioned are good too. I've never heard anything bad about them. There are plenty of options, just take the time to do your homework before buying. When you do buy, you should get the following information, just to start: How old is the snake? Is it eating? What schedule? What size prey? What type of housing is it currently being kept in? Can you get breeder info? What is the snake's medical history?
    This is just a start and will help you undestand your snake and where it's coming from a lot better.
    Good luck!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Tim90

Tim90 New Member

Whats arrowhaeds website? I rather rescue an animal but i was thinking of breeding in the future too, and I was going to get one normal one and one Het so I could get albinos

12. Tim90

Tim90 New Member

I REALLY wanted to get a neet design but I only have about 100 dollers right now :)
    oh well...
    If ANYONE has a chepp het for sale PLEASE e-mail me at timothy@good-works.net

13. jamielee

jamielee Embryo

I was foolish and baught 2 balls at the first pet shop i found.$80.00 a pop. then 3 weeks ago. I went to a new pet store a friend told me about and got a very health red bellied ball python for $28.00 and that is with tax. Do your shoppin. most pet stores don't know what they have.

14. smiles

smiles New Member

I paid $50 for my male ball python, and hes completely normal no morphs. And that was direct from the breeder at the san diego IRBA show. But, hes completely healthy, extremely affectionate calm as could be and a great eater. I paid more than most for a "normal" but Im happy with him and still think I got a great deal

15. Mhswidder

Mhswidder New Member

I got 2 baby Ball's for $20 thru Reptile Depot in Cali

16. clamper

clamper New Member

mhs widder is my wife we got 2 baby ball with a under tank heater and shipping for $65 from www.reptiledepot.com 8)

17. Hercules

Hercules Embryo

in australia a baby ball would go enywere between $300au to $800au my diamond python cost me $650 so what ever price you people paid for your herps is great even after conversion :p

18. Salstang00

Salstang00 New Member

www.reptiledpot.com Just received my lil guy yesterday. He looks great, strong, energenic, beautiful colors.