Gree Tree frog (i think) and green anole

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by midgetmunky13, May 28, 2007.

1. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

hi i have a male green anole in a 29 gall on tall take, my friend has a hundered tree frog in his back yard, i think they are green tree frogs, i ,live in ne iowa if that helps. anyways would i be able to put them together but at any rate could someone give me a care sheet and if they can be housed together tell me how. thanx.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

hey are they ok to handle? at all?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

like most amphibians, they shouldn't be handled.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Bunny_Too

Bunny_Too New Member

I know this is not the preferred advice of this site but I have 4 green tree froggs and 2 green anoles housed together in a 30 gallon high. They have been together for 6 months with no problems, they have comparable temp and humidity requirements and I feed them small crickets. The main issue would be introducing parasites from the wild frogs to your anoles. Realistically the anole were probably wild caught too. I don't handle any of my amphibians but I also do not handle my gecko's or anoles unless I am moving them so I can clean their tank. I only handle my snakes because they seem not to mind. So the bottom line is.... you can mix them but whether or not you should mix them is an entireley different question and one most people would say no to.