Green Tree Monitor Care Sheet

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by jeffy_waves, Jan 18, 2006.

1. jeffy_waves

jeffy_waves New Member

hi everyone!
    please help me find a good care sheet for my Green Tree Monitor.
    and tell me if this monitor is a good choice?
    thanks!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mrcota

mrcota New Member

Varanus prasinus is not a good choice if you do not have much experience with monitors. They are very prone to dehydration and are rather unforgiving to improper conditions; this makes keeping them in a temperate climate challanging.

As far as care sheets go, sorry, I can not help you. I was very familiar with the species prior to acquiring him, so I did not look at any care sheets. Be very careful about what you read on the internet. There is far too much trash out there and you must sift through the trash to find something worth anything. The problem is that you may not know how to tell the fact from the fiction. There is a website dedicated to tree monitors that can help you. The guy that created this website knows his tree montiors, raises and breeds them in a temperate climate. Other than that website, I am not sure where to direct you.

[​IMG]
    Cheers,

Michael

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. SavannahQueen

SavannahQueen New Member

So direct him there and perhaps it will help him

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. mrcota

mrcota New Member

I could not have made it any simpler to direct him. I already gave him the name of the website: tree monitors. Since there are no spaces in website names (treemonitors). I believe that this forum prohibits advertising other websites. If what comes after the name can not be figured out, it is only the most common one out there.

Cheers,

Michael

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LeoGeckos-Rule

LeoGeckos-Rule Member

if the site is to help someone care for their animal then i'm sure that the admin would allow a link to be posted

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. mrcota

mrcota New Member

It is a website to help someone take care of their animal. Good husbandry tips and tips on how to make a good enclosure. treemonitors.com

Cheers,

Michael