Greetings from a leo in sunny Sarasota

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by asarasota, Oct 10, 2006.

1. asarasota

asarasota New Member

Our new addition to the family is a juvie female leo, we've had her about two weeks now. She's eating well (more than I thought that she would) and has shed once already. She seems happy enough in our 80 degree household clime. What a great pet--My son is already asking for another leo!
    Asarasota

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. asarasota

asarasota New Member

Yep. She (George, "he," long story) has a nice warm tank (but a cool end with two hides in addition to the warm hide). I've read the care sheets and the kind folks on the leo forum here have been helping me out with the details. Also found a new care sheet here by electrixx that I need to review tonight. George is munching on mealworms right now near his cool hide. I wasn't sure about gutload but lots of folks posted to help. So much to learn! The only concern right now is that he didn't excrete today, but he has every day before in the past week and a half. I'm keeping a close watch. Thanks for all the good advice, folks! :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. slackin

slackin Member

Welcome! I'm in North Port myself. Congrats on the new leo!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Katt

Katt Moderator

Hello, welcome to Reptile Rooms and I am in sarasota too!. We dont have any Leos but if you ever get a beardy . We can help ya!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. asarasota

asarasota New Member

Greetings!
    George the Leo is hanging out in his water dish tonight. I've moved his cage, and am waiting to see how he reacts. Glad to know there are other Sarasota folk on the board, salutations to all, by the way!