Hope everyone made it through Ivan okay!

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Smileen, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Smileen

Smileen Member

Hey guys, Ivan moved through Georgia last night/this morning, and we took a hit. I haven't been outside yet this morning, but last night our screen sliding door on our deck blew off, trees were swaying, most of Athens was without power, and a tornado touched down in a cattle field about a mile from my house. And that was almost 24 hours after it touched land! UGA is closed today due to "concerns for the safety of students"... but I had heard a campus bus got in a wreck last night and the health center had a tree fall on it.

I know we took quite a beating, but I hope everyone else was okay! It's still raining here, as of 9 am, and they are saying it will keep raining for the rest of the day. We've had almost a foot of rain in the past 24 hours, and I know the rest of the south (barring Alabama) is so waterlogged from Frances that the rains are a problem.

Be safe everyone!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. iguanakatcha

iguanakatcha Embryo

I live in maryland and we got a tornado and my roof flew off!!! LOL its not that funny

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Smileen

Smileen Member

No, it's not... I went down to the area that the tornado touched down at, and it was beat. Uprooted trees, and fallen limbs.... all of our rivers here are above flood level. Athens is pretty torn up.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. iguanaman

iguanaman Embryo

Where do you live????

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. stina3246

stina3246 Member

Ivan just missed us but we went through Charley and Frances, so I can feel for you guys!! We didn't have any tornadoes touch down but those micro-bursts are rough. We lost a whole lot of trees, were without power for 4 days and had some pretty bad flooding but we're all in one piece. I hope you guys are all doing well and staying safe. Both Human and otherwise.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. froggeegurl

froggeegurl New Member

Well, I made it through Ivan pretty good. It hit Alabama pretty hard though. Some of my friends had their houses destroyed. One guy has two feet of water and one foot of mud in his house and the back wall is pretty much gone. But everyone I know made it through ok, so that's good.

12. slimmy

slimmy Member

13. Smileen

Smileen Member

ARE YOU SERIOUS.... oh man I'm not amped. Ivan's gonna go to Texas, so that's good, but looks like Jeanne is gonna plow Florida and possibly Athens AGAIN. I went to school when Frances hit, and the wind was throwing the rain every which way, and was completely soaked. I was out driving in Ivan because I had to go to Kinko's to get some emergency copying done for my blueprints... I'm not excited about Jeanne.

14. stina3246

stina3246 Member

I swear, if I hear the words HUNKER DOWN one more time I'm gonna scream!!
    BUT don't panick about Jeanne yet. My hunch is that she'll hit us but not as bad as the others
    (I'm not a meteorologist though so if they say go.....GO!
    Stay safe everyone!