How long should the bump last after feeding?

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by ryka, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ryka

ryka Member

Just wondering I fed my corn yesterday, he got it down in 7 mins! The bumb was almost gone 8 hours later though.. I could barely tell where the bump was... cant even tell that he ate today..

How long should the bump last? He is too small to eat anything bigger so i know that cant be the problem. The petstore said that he hadent eated for almost a week before i got him (they only feed once a week) so he mustve been really hungry!

I am going to feed on every thursday and monday, untill he is big enough for fuzzies then only once a week. right?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. DreamingOfDragons

DreamingOfDragons Member

i have 6 2008 hatchlings and after i feed them their bump is usually gone or next to gone in 24 hours and i feed them per the munson plan at every 5 days for their weight. i think little babies might digest faster or something cause i rarely have a baby with a bump or at least a noticable bump after 24 hours

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ryka

ryka Member

So is it normal for the bump to be almost completly gone after only 8 hours? If so since the bump is gone in less than 24 hours do i still have to wait 48 hours to handle him?

what is the munson plan?
    nvm did a google for it...

so if he is 16-23 grams i should feed him 2 pinkies? At the same time/feeding?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. DreamingOfDragons

DreamingOfDragons Member

^^....is the munson plan....you'd need a scale for it but it works great. for more info on it go to www.cornsnakes.com and search 'Munson Plan' and it'll give you the info on it

some of my little ones sometimes digest most of their meal but it usualy not completely gone.

how long have you had your corn? if it less the a week or two i'd give him another day or so to fully digest and be comfortable

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ryka

ryka Member

I just got him wednessday so i wont be playing with yet but I was asking for next time. If the bump is gone can i play with him without upsetting his tummy? Also does double pinkie mean 2 pinkies in one feeding?

thanks again!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. DreamingOfDragons

DreamingOfDragons Member

just give him the recommended 48 hours before handleing.

yes double pinks means 2 pinks in one feeding.