I am so sorry little guy, i truly am

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by iGorx, Apr 27, 2008.

1. iGorx

iGorx Member

It was a long time ago about 2 months when i found that my little guy had mouth rot, but i didn't think much of it. it though it was just some small scabs that he had gotten from eating. so as time went on he had stopped eating.

his weight was 110g when he was healthy and as he declined he got down to 77. so i finally decided to take him to a vet, yes guys i know how this sounds but this was during winter time so i assumed it was a slow down

and just as my predictions, it was mouth rot. the vet had given him a shot of Baytril and prescribed Cipro as oral antibiotic and to clean his mouth each day with peroxide or diluted beta dine. i did every one of those things the best i could. i also couldn't take him to a vet for a long time because money was an issue i simply couldn't pay the money for the medicine and visit because i am in college and work was really bad

after 5 days of giving him the antibiotic it seemed as his health went south, he was so much more energetic before and more lively but after i started giving him the medicine he looked so much worse.

after i fed him with a sirenge and cleaned his mouth i put him in his bin to rest only to find out the next day he was no longer moving.

i am not sure what caused it, maybe it was the baby food which he tried regurgitating or the antibiotic which made his immune system even worse than before.

but no matter what it was it is all my fault, i was the care taker, i didn't do what i was supposed to when it was time.

i am truly sorry little guy, i am, i cannot say how sorry i am to what had happened to you, i tried everything in my power to save you and make you better but i failed. i am so sorry, i cannot say that enough and i will probably never forgive myself for what happened

may you rest in peace my little friend, you were the best companion in my life for the last 2 years ever since i had you as a baby, you will never be forgotten, you will always be in my memory

[​IMG]
    RIP little guy, 06-12-2005 to 04-27-2008

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kinsey

kinsey Embryo

sorry to hear. what kind of reptile?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i'm very sorry too,,
    that's a cute leo,,
    RIP~

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

i'm very sorry but you just have to get back on the horse. :)