i need help

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by coasterrider416, Dec 2, 2008.

1. coasterrider416

coasterrider416 Embryo

tell me how to PERFECTLY care for these lil guys. ive had over seven and all lived to only 1-2 years:( my lil bro mite get some... help me

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Tarsc

Tarsc Embryo

hey man I have female green anole and what you have to do is buy wood chips from a pet store and a vine, wood log(can be from outside, just clean it with warm water) a spritzer bottle and spry the leaves(Also can be used if you just clean it out with warm water) but if you want (and its recamended) that you use a water dish. 3 plants (plastic or real) and since you have creatures all from the jungle play jungle sound once a day for relaxation for all your critters and also no loud noises yelling,screaming ect and also get a climbing material for the back

Anole may turn brown because they are, hungry,cold,upset,sleepy,or scared and show off thier rib cage

also wash your hand befor and after holding the Anole

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. innerdemons666

innerdemons666 New Member

Never use wood chips.
    They cause impaction
    Use bed a beast,or eco earth. Your anoles will prefer LIVE potted plants with large leaves,one anole can live in a 10 gallon tank,use UVB rays and a undertank heater. Keep on the UVB light 12 hours a day,and the under tank heater should be on 24/7. Mist the tank daily (every morning) because these guys dont like drinking from water dishes,so they drink from the water drops collected on the leaves.
    Only keep ONE MALE per tank,as males fight to the death.
    Feed them small crickets daily,2-3 crickets per anole. NEVER feed them crickets bigger than there head,as hungry large crickets will attack and even eat your anole (NOT a pretty picture)
    Anoles are not for you if you plan on handling them.
    They are delicate and nervous,their tails break off easily,and they are prone to sickness while their tail is growing back.
    translation:
    DO-NOT-HANDLE.

HERE IS A CARESHEET!!!!

http://www.anapsid.org/anole.html