If You Could Have Any Snake In The World, Which Would It Be?

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by Karlee, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Karlee

Karlee Member

Well, I might also get a white-lipped python, they are just so pretty. They are my second favorite species and they are just pretty. imagesCALJXCK7.jpg

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. T.D. Serpents

T.D. Serpents New Member

Leucistic retic

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

i know huh o.o thank god they dont be annoying if bothered

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Badger711

Badger711 Member

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Wow! Those are all so epic! :p I haven't heard of the Fer de Lance or Boelens before and is the Fer de Lance venomous? It sorta looks like it. I know the eyelash's are and the Boelens is just gorgeous! They are somewhat like a Rainbow Boa-the way the light reflects off them :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Badger711

Badger711 Member

Fer de lance is one of the most venomous snakes in the eastern hemisphere, they have some nasty bites, but I'm fascinated by venomous species, and would keep one in a heartbeat (once I'm prepared of course).

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  12. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Boelen's are awesome - hoping with time they become a little more common in the herp trade and breeding becomes more successful. Its my understanding that almost all of those found in the states are captive hatched individuals and most breeding efforts result in failure... I've only ever seen a handful for sale over the years and they cost a pretty penny. Gorgeous snakes, very unique.

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  13. Badger711

Badger711 Member

Agreed. Boelen's have only been bred in zoo's and labs, at least that is my understanding. But gorgeous snakes none the less.

14. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

Fer de lance.... you crazy!!

15. Karlee

Karlee Member

Or, in reality, any considerably dangerous species of snake to house. I love the big constrictors, and the venomous vipers. I love anything that you have to really be prepared to struggle with. Something that could kill you more than likely, but a hoggie or small python would be a good first step. I love animals that you know can severly injure you because you get that adrenline rush when your around them. More than likely, that is also going to be an animal you could show off and are very pricy most of the time. So I could be living in a trailor park and have an emerald boa and feel as rich as a king.

16. Badger711

Badger711 Member

Yeah, I love hot's. And surprisingly, most of them aren't terribly expensive, Someone was selling Eyelash vipers at the hamburg show for thirty bucks a piece. Thought that was kinda insane.

17. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

omg! $30!!!!!! thats nuts!

18. Badger711

Badger711 Member

That's what I'm saying man.

19. Karlee

Karlee Member

$30... Thats kinda scary if you consider an impulse buyer finding a beautiful snake that cheap.

20. Badger711

Badger711 Member

Welcome to the world of reptiles, most of them sadly being impulse buyers ):

Kinda sad that a good 6/10 reptile keepers will be irresponsible...luckily most, if not all, of the ones that join a forum just for help/ to talk about them are generally responsible and care for their pets.

21. Karlee

Karlee Member

Sad truth of it is, I didnt know it was that large of the herp loving population who did that. I thought it was less than half. I always do extensive research on an animal before I buy so I am not too keen on impulse buying. I have only impulse bought one animal and that was when I already knew how to care for them so I dont know if it is still impulse buying. I knew how to care for it but I just bought it one morning with no intentions on doing so. She died of skin cancer any way (My black legged dart) so I dont have her but I took care of her. Can people just do a little bit of research before buying a cape cobra, just a little. And know that unsecured screening is like writting out your, or your pet's, death sentence.

Oh and I am extremely forgetful so I probably wont say this on the correct day so i will say it now: Happy Easter everyone!
    imagesCATT12WH.jpg

22. Badger711

Badger711 Member

Nice picture, and yeah, I know what you're saying. I'm fairly educated on venomous, but in no way am I prepared to keep one yet, I know that. That's huge responsibility, and depending on state usually a lot of paperwork.

23. Karlee

Karlee Member

thx, and same here. I know the internal structure of a general snake like the back of my hand (well almost everything, I plan on being a herpetologist so I am very informed on the anatomy of reptiles). I know more about venomous snakes than nonvenomous to e honest. I even know how to care for some species of venomous snakes (particularly the cotton mouth. I probably wont have one for a while though since it wouldnt be a good idea to live alone with THAT aggressive of a snake). I know how to read a reptile's behavior as if it were a book. I know when they are frightened, angered, hungry, horney (dont know if i spelled that right. I dont use that word in context a lot), excited, etc. I have been researching these animals since I could remember (which is probably a good fifteen years). I remember cussing out any one I saw disrespecting reptiles and then some times they would cuss back, and one girl slapped me across the face and I got suspended for a week. Point is, while I love them, I still live with my parents and when I move out I will live alone (You dont want to live alone with hot snakes at all), I dont have steady hands, I am financially ill, and I am a bit careless when its coming to my animals. I mean I care for them, but I would probably get bit in the face because I wasnt careful cleaning its cage.

24. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Another New born Northern Water Snake would be cool... i had one 2 years ago i caught a 3 ft water snake in a lake took him home to play with lol.. it had a baby. i thought it was weird only 1 baby came out im assuming i screwed up someone involving the N. Water Snake to deliver, i ended up releasing the mother snake into the local pond around my home..

all time favorite would have to be a Green tree boa. absolutely beautiful and absolutely out of my price range haha...

25. WingedWolf

WingedWolf Member

Coral Glow ball python. ;)

StikyPaws312 likes this.