Iggy with a large bump like on nose/face

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by sapphire_moon, Dec 2, 2003.

1. sapphire_moon

sapphire_moon Embryo

Ok....This is not my iggy. It's my parents and since I'm the "child" I don't know anything.(I'm 19)

This iguana is about 4-4.5ft long, in a 55gal long tank. It's filthy, filthy water, not big enough cage, no UVB lights. and a TEENY TINY heat pad with about a 60 watt light for heat. No substrate, just on the glass. (how nice huh.)

I went in their room to check on their reps about 1 month ago (I have 3 snakes of my own, and have been begging, pleading and threatining them to try and make them give their reps a better enviroment. they are doing OK with their beardies but the condition of the iggy makes me want to cry and kill them)
    And she had a split on her nose. Now it is a HUGE lump, that you can see from like 10ft away. It is partily fleshy colored,and looks really really dry in spots, one nostril is absolutely HUGE, while you can't even see in the other one. She is skinny, can see ribs (my step dad says, "oh she just stops eating sometimes"), missing spikes on her back, long curled toes, her head is black with a clearish, whiteish round dot in the center that I don't think you should be able to see. She does NOT have the proper diet her staple food is lettuce, and SOMETIMES she gets other things, like grapes. They have been trying to dust her lettuce with uromastyx calcium dust.....

I can't take her to the vet myself, I don't have the extra money around (I have given them the name and number of a good vet that is in the next town over they just don't want to go)

I can't just take her myself because in my town pets are considered property therefore I could (and they would have it done) have me arrested for theft.

I am sorry I don't have pics. No scanner and no digi cam. So I know you all will be kind of flying blind when trying ot help me........but any help will be wonderful.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

This is very sad :)

There is not much more you can do, sounds like she may have an abcess and with that poor diet I am not surprised. She needs UVB, a lot of it and she need to see a vet.

Maybe you can try and talk to them to give her to a iguana rescue who can see she gets the lights, diet and medical care see needs now

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. sapphire_moon

sapphire_moon Embryo

I wish. I've been yelling, screaming, begging, crying and threatening for months. It doesn't matter. Her only real hope is that she dies to get out of the situation. I hope that don't sound cruel. But at this time with her condition, she would be better off "gone" to end her suffering.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. sar5973

sar5973 Embryo

sad, sad, sad....

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Survivor_Steph

Survivor_Steph Embryo

If you think they'd have you arrested for taking the Ig to the vet, turn the tables and report them to animal control.