Iguana in California needs a loving home!

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by Roxyboboz, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxyboboz

Roxyboboz Embryo

Well, we saved him from a teens house whom was just gonna take Ricardo(thats his name :eek: ) out to the backyard and use him for target practice. Ricardo came to us in a 50 gallon aquarium that looked way too small for him. So we built a cage that was tall enough for him to climb up in and wide enough for him to play in! Then we find out we are pregnant and need the space in the house for baby things so we moved him into the garage and well...we feel like he is not getting the attention he needs and deserves! He is about 2 years old and about 2 1/2 feet long...and has a soooooper sweet disposition! He has been around our 8 year old daughter for the past 5 months and has never whipped at her or us EVER!! If there is anyone out there willing to take in and love our Ricardo Maltoban :( we would be soooo happy...otherwise we don't know what we will do. We don't know of any reputable pet stores and I would be scared to leave him at a pet store anyways, so any help would be just terrific!! He comes with his home if that helps out any. We are in Southern California and can be reached via e-mail at roxyboboz@juno.com Thanx in advance for your help!!!!! Christian & Regina....oh yea and Ricardo :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

That's a sad story about the iguana - I don't know how anybody can treat an animal like that. Hopefully you will find a good home for him soon. I think this message warrants a new forum area, and you're going to be the first message in there :)

Congratulations on the future baby :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Roxyboboz

Roxyboboz Embryo

I know it was so sad when I found out what was to happen to him, we couldn't resist bringing him home and loving him!! Thanx for making an adoption forum...I think it's great! Good thing is Ricardo has been a happy camper since he's been with us...I hate to see him have to go but I feel it's in his best interest! He loves to be watched and absolutely loves runnin a muck through out the house!! Thanx to everyone for your concern....we appreciate it! OH and thanx Axe on the congrats...we are excited! :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Roxyboboz

Roxyboboz Embryo

Good news!! Through word of mouth a friend of ours knew a guy whom dedicates his life to exotic reptiles and such...well he came over on saturday and just fell in love with Ricardo!! He put his hand in Ricardo's cage and he crawled right up onto his arm...it was too cute! Ricardo will share a room (seperate cages of course) with 1 other reptile, and get all the attention and lovin he needs!! YAY!!!!!! We are sooo happy! My daughter was a lil angry with us but after explaining to her how good Ricardo will have it she felt better! Thanx for listening guys!
    :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

WOOHOO!!!!!

So glad to hear the good news! :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. cd

cd Member

THATS A GREAT ENDING TO THAT STORY! I'M SO GLAD HE FOUND A GOOD HOME. I LOVE IGUANA'S, MINE WAS A SWEETIE! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BABY!
    PS: I THINK ITS GREAT THAT YOU PUT HIS HAPPINESS OVER YOUR DESIRE TO KEEP HIM. I KNOW THAT IN THE SAME SITUATION, I WOULD HAVE A ROUGH TIME GIVING HIM UP. YOU DID A WONDERFUL THING.
    -CD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.