Ive finally decided.. Im getting a corn snake!

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by salvadorian, Sep 27, 2009.

1. salvadorian

salvadorian New Member

Alright. So, I've wanted a new herp for some time now. I have a lot of extra supplies and I just really wanted something cool, because my iguana is absolutely awesome. So I've finally decided on a corn snake!!

I've check on craigslist, and one guy is offering me an adult male albino for $40. Is this a resonable price?

Also, is a tank that is 24long X 20 tall X 12 wide large enough for an adult? The forum says that a 30gal is big enough, and I can't imagine that this tank is below thirty gallons, but I also have never owned a snake (without my mom's help!) before. Basically, snakes are the only kind of reptile I haven't had.

I am very interested in morphs and rarities. The ones I really like are Aztecs, Candycanes, and Okeetees.... how much would I pay for a snake of this sort? What morphs do you like?

Looking forward to the information! I'll let you know when I get my snake... it will probably be this week!!

pral170 likes this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Geckoguy52

Geckoguy52 New Member

i've never had corns (or snakes for that matter), but i'm pretty sure $40 for an albino is a little over priced.

if my calculations are correct (LxWxH/231), the tank you are describing is 25 gallons.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. salvadorian

salvadorian New Member

Alright... the corn snake is home! I got her for $40... and here is where i posted her photos.

Meet Zephyr

Please visit :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. herbleremady

herbleremady Embryo

hi there,
    good to hear ur buying a corn!!
    i just brout a okeetee 1 year old with a setup for 50 pounds :D wen i got asked i just couldnt refuse lol