Just Got A New Malaysian Water Monitor!

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by yesITis, Feb 2, 2005.

1. yesITis

yesITis New Member

i havent posted on here in along time but..i have good news. I went to my local pet shop Oceans and Seas. I like this pet store because they know what they are doing and care for their animals the way their suppose too. Any ways. i went there to get my daily supply of cricket,pinky,hoppers,rats when i pulled up i seen all these people hauling in all these new vision cages. i was about to grap 1 on those 80 x 36 x 18 and throw it in the back of my truck and take off ( j/p ) but anyways i walk in and i see a pretty big cage in the back of the store that wasnt there the last time i went in there so i go and check it out and there he/she was she was only 100$ (when you think about it not bad because online they are about 80-90 + 35 for shipping) so i buy it and took her home and it has really good color and eating good and is flawless! he/she is only 13" STL. So now i have a Malaysian Water Monitor in my collection.
    Can some body tell me how to upload pictures so i can show you guys some pics of her and some of my other monitors? thanks.[/img]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

thats awsome, but honeslty that is inadequate caging for your monitor. it will be suiteable for a while, but a 6ft 45lb monitor should not be kept in someting that size. they should be kept in an enclosure that is at least 10ftx5ftx4ft.
    to post pics host the on www.photobucket.com or tinypic.com and post the link in the IMG codes like this:

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. yesITis

yesITis New Member

yeah that thing is sweet i hope mine gets that big...how long does it take them to get that big. Once mine hits the 4 ft mark im just gunna give its his own room.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

guarentee you in a little more than a year it will be 4ft or more. it is amazing how fast monitors grow. my save went from 5" to 24" in 6months

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. yesITis

yesITis New Member

yup my savannah was 12 inches when i got him and in less then in about a year he was 37"...37" is pretty impressive for a savannah and hes still growing. i bet he will get around 42-43 " as full grown. im working on those pics also.

12. yesITis

yesITis New Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Hel...le/5b54b7b4.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Hel...le/3c1a073c.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Hel...le/062997e9.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Hel...le/a0ced8e2.jpg

there is my savannah and my new water monitor. he/she is still on reptibid but dont try and bid on it because i put a proxy bid in for 1000$ because i bought her from the store and not online. but my savannah is a male and that is a old picture there he is only 30" and not hes 37" Ill take more pictures of my other lizards today and post them.

13. yesITis

yesITis New Member

o yeah and its name is Cosmo I dont know the sex of it but if its a male then its cosmo my savannah's name is Napolean and i named him before that dumb Nepolean Dynamite movie came out . ever 1 ask me if i named him after it and i would never name any animal after such a dumb movie.

14. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

oh man the water monitor is gorgeous! i wish i had room to house one of those guys. your sav looks awsome, but he seems a little obese. i would cut back on the amount of food you feed him and i would take him on more walks for some excercise.

15. yesITis

yesITis New Member

yeah that was a like 6 months ago he was pretty obese and he wasnt gettin enough exercise so what i did was cut the occasional egg out of his diet and cut back on the gold fish and mice between the rats i fed him because he was gettin alot of snacks. and then i would give him baths more often so he would get more exercise. He slimed up and got alot more active after all this. In the Pic he was in shed he is really really light colored. Out of all the monitor my sav is my favorite cuz hes a big puppy dog i can walk around the house with him in my arms and he will go to sleep. My other monitors are tame but they wont sit on my lap like him they wanna get down on the floor and roam around and get terrorize the dog. But yeah im extremly happy with the water monitor. But Im moving into a apartment soon(7 months) with 4 bedrooms and im gunna give the water monitor his own room and the other room is gunna have all my cages in it. the only thing is that i have to sneak my animals in and the cages because no pets allowed. So idk how im gunna do that but im sure as hell not gettin rid of any of my monitors...hmm sneeking in a 37" sav monitor and a soon to be 3 ft water monitor is gunna be tricky along with my timor, peach throat, and argus. plus all their cages and all the stuff im gunna need to decorate the water monitors room.

my wife was thinking about lowereing a rope from the balcony(not sure if thats how u spell it) and just hualing all the stuff up from there. But i dont know how were gunna haul aup all the dirt/mulch to fill a whole room.

if any1 has any tips on how to do this and how i can sneak them up let me know.

16. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i think the rope and hauling technique would be pretty effective to get the stuff into the room. or you can get a couple of friends to help you carry the stuff

17. yesITis

yesITis New Member

yeah im thinking about gettin a large hockey bag for carring equipment and then 1 by 1 put my monitors a a pillow case and then put them in the hockey bag and just carry them up that way and stuff