Leopard geckos won't eat crickets

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by tokaygirl55, Aug 17, 2013.

1. tokaygirl55

tokaygirl55 New Member

So, when I first got my leopard geckos I fed them crickets but they wouldn't really eat them so I switched them to mealworms. I found out that mealworms aren't a healthy choice for them to only eat so I bought them crickets again. I've been trying to hand feed them and my thinner lizard ate one but no more. I couldn't get my unhealthy fat one to eat any. He would just lick it and turn his head away. Should I wait for him to get hungry and offer a cricket every day until he eats?(the crickets are dusted with calcium powder in case that matters at all.)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

My leos got lazy in their old age... when they've been spoiled with "food in a dish" they just don't like going after things anymore.
    I would suggest maybe putting a couple superworms in a bowl and see if they go after those. Other feeders that you can leave in a bowl for a while are phoenix worms.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tokaygirl55

tokaygirl55 New Member

I got both of them to eat from my hand last night! :D I was so worried. And I hand fed my thinner one 3 crickets and a mealworm. :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Leopardgran

Leopardgran New Member

my Gecko Toby won't eat meallies altho he does like the newly hatched mealworm beetles.