Leos names and user names

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by opy01, Apr 11, 2006.

1. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

I am just curious where some of you get the names for your leos and also your user names as well. I see some of those names and just wonder how in the world you come up with them and what they mean. I guess I will start with my guys Cornelius and Caspian from one of the Chronical of Narnia books. As for my user name my initials are OP and people just started calling me opy.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ellman605

ellman605 Member

well, ell - beginning of my name|man - i was 5, :D|605 - my birthday, 06/05

For gary, someone suggested either gary for a boy or loretta for a girl, so i kept with it, but i think even if it is a girl i will call it gary....easier, lol

this all came from my first email, ellman605@yahoo.com when i begged my dad when i was 5, lol. :) i never use that email, but i get ellman from that

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Well, my guys are named Clementine, 3 (guess how I came up with my user name :roll: ) Chibi and Omai. Clemmy is a tangerine, Clementines are tangerines so.... 3 has a big 3 on her back, she came with a name tag! Chibi is 3's sister from a different clutch and 'little sister' in Japanese (loosely translated) is Chibi. Omai was not a planned addition, momentary lapse of reason, so her name is pronounced Oh my! (what have I done....again!!).

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. BcRoFt

BcRoFt New Member

My leos name is April..... When I first got her I couldn't think of a name at all! But then I thought "What is green?" Teenage Ninja Turtles!!! lol. Who was the only girl in the movie? April :D:)

My username comes from my last name with a couple letters dropped out

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. neesa220

neesa220 New Member

I love Da Vinci, hence the new guy's name is Leonard (dropped off the O at the end cause leonardo was the name of a ninja turtle and i didn't want that)

Neesa is a nickname...and 220 was the number part of my address from the very first place I bought.

Cute postings, i love everyone's stories!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. steve75

steve75 Well-Known Member

My geckos name is Amber because, well, she's Amber colored.

My name is Steve and I've been wearing the number 75 in football since high school (now going on 3rd college football season).

12. jeenyussb

jeenyussb New Member

My geckos name is Kirra. My girlfriend named it. I wear Kirra clothing and have Kirra cologne, and I just like the name. My user name is jsut the kind of snowboard i ride a Jeenyus Rentals.

13. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

MY real name is Matt ( explains my username ) And the !123 in it was just an added touch. My leo's name is Daisy because when I first got her, I just couldn't think of a name, so I just started calling her Daisy!

14. Kiryu238

Kiryu238 Embryo

Kiryu means "metal dragon" in japanese, and since the new Mecha Godzilla is one of my favorites models right now...yeah. I'm a 21 year old female Computer Tech that builds models. Go me! The number 238 was something my old friends used to call me from some movie, it just stuck with me.

Rei is the name of my blizzard leo, and Neimur......is just neimur. Squeaker was named so since the first time he saw his reflection he "squeaked" and when I first looked at my last leo, the only thing that came to mind was, Edward. I'm just strange or something.

15. Pom_Pom_King

Pom_Pom_King New Member

Taz is my male, he got his name because the first time i put the calcium dish in there I walked back in and he was absoultly covered in powder and it was everywhere. Star is my biggest female, I saw that name a breeder used for another, and I really liked it. And Pinky is my last female, because she has a pink tint to her skin.

16. RinkRat33

RinkRat33 New Member

my leo's names are Tinkerbelle, Tigerlilly and the male is Nicodemus. I have a habit of naming my "kids" the first thing that comes to mind cause i always felt that it was their way of telling you what their name should be. I always plan to name them something else, but then i see them, and change my mind. I actually had all three leo's named before i even purchased them. Which made my friend who i got them from laugh, he'd take one out, put it on my shirt and i was like "hey tink" and so on. And my screen name is from spending far too much time at hockey rinks and 33 comes from my favorite goalie.

17. bluesquirrely4

bluesquirrely4 Member

Ok well my username came from my fav. color blue and then my nickname squirrely4 (from the movie bio-dome.it was from my best friend i was squirrely, and she was stubby she was short...) and then spike was just one of the i dont know names. Leah was named by my husband, and Thor is becuase he is HUGE.

18. leopard_lizard

leopard_lizard New Member

well my user name wold of been leo lover.... but it was taken so i got leopard lizard and my female leos name is valmiki because when i first got her i named her greg cus i didnt know how to sex them at the time and any my grandma works in a loonie bin and a guys name was gereg and for some odd reason..... he liked to be called valmiki so later i found out she was a girl and it changed to valmiki and my male has no name cuse hes not mine hes recovering with stress cus he rly lives in the lps and i shoudent rly get attached but im still gitting attached :lol:

19. Cira

Cira Member

My geckos name is Cleopardia. CLEOPARDia. She's a leopard gecko. I call her Cleo for a nick.

My user name is just one I got from a book I was reading about 2 years ago. I've used the name on every board ever since then.

20. brittone05

brittone05 Well-Known Member

Umm - my user name is my surname and initial (how original am I lmao)

My leos are called Sagira which is Egyptian for little one - this was due to her having a little stuby tail when we got her :lol: then there is Pip (short for Pipsqueak) becasue she squeaks at me every time I touch her! then we have Nemo - named by mt 3 year old so don't ask! Then Sid and Nancy - what a pair they are lol

I have more due to arrive and have no names for them yet but I am sure I will find somthing :)

21. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

My user name has a long story behind it involving a monk and a lawn mower (maybe you can figure it out from there...)
    but for my animals i always keep there names themes in some kind of catogory. For my reptiles i name them all after characters in greek mythology. Like my leos, Chaos and Echo. my sand Boa, Apollo, also my pictus geckos, Prometheus and Pandora.
    my arachnids are named after characters from the matrix
    and my birds are names after characters from movie the little rascals

22. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

Man those are some awesome stories. I love the names and how you all come up with them(even the ones you say are lame). I know there are more(shrap and Eirecorcaigh for starters) so keep them coming! :p

23. Eirecorcaigh

Eirecorcaigh Well-Known Member

Oh fine... I'll go!!! hehehe

First the herd!
    Flanders - I had a leo named Homer, who passed, and I decided to keep the Simpsons thing going...
    TJ - After Sgt TJ Hooker
    Bernie - Short for Bernadette, my favorite Four Tops song
    Gilbert - Opened the phone book, closed eyes and pointed, landed on someone with last name Gilbert!

And for the username story!!!

I'm Irish, and my brother always called me "the Irish Cork" (among other things, which I won't mention...), so when I registered my email address years ago, Irish Cork was taken... but the Gaelic version was not! Eire means Ireland or Irish, and Corcaigh translates to Cork (this is actually the Gaelic equivalent of the town and county in Ireland, not the top of a whiskey bottle, like in the nickname :p ). Thus giving us... Eirecorcaigh!

24. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

I have been wondering that forever :p . My friend is from England and he told me it was Irish but he could not figure out what it meant. We did a Google search and all we came up with was your site and RR.com's forums. As for your guys, my gerbils name is TJ, my other gerbil named Tubby died and when we got the new one we kept calling him tubby so I figured TJ(Tubby Jr).

25. Palmyra105

Palmyra105 New Member

My screen name comes from an atoll in the Pacific that was the scene of a crime in my favorite book "...and the sea will tell"...

We named the first leo Coco because she looked like she had coco powder on her back and my 7 year old son named Mango...no idea how he got it but we love it...

Oh, I also have two cats...brother and sister..named Bonnie and Clyde. One bird named Splat because he tried to fly when he was a baby and that was the sound he made when he hit the floor. The other bird is called Lady because someone said Lady Byrd Johnson and it stuck...

Keri