Looking for Reptile Shops around Jacksonville ...

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Felina, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Felina

Felina New Member

Anyone know of any??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Samael

Samael New Member

where about near jacksinville? I know of a good one in the mandarin area on San Jose Blvd

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CrotalusKlauberi

CrotalusKlauberi New Member

Re: RE: Looking for Reptile Shops around Jacksonville ...

Blazing Reptiles you mean.

SMALL store and really doesn't have much to offer. Prices are ok and about what you would expect to pay at a "store".

There is one on Beach Blvd West of University Blvd, (don't know the name). I only been there once just after Repticon. Bigger store but can't say too much about it, wasn't there checking prices.

What are you looking for?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

RE: Re: RE: Looking for Reptile Shops around Jacksonville ..

I would reccomend the one in Mandrin anytime. Yes it is a small store but they take good care of the reps in there, the store is clean. The prices are not to bad, it is family owned and they dont BS you. As for the one on Beach they have lots of stuff and will tell you anything to make a sale. Been there done that and got taken for a ride, wont ever go back. There are a few others around Jax but I mostly go to Blazin Reptiles. I got one of my Dragons from there and it is very healthy and has great colors.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. CrotalusKlauberi

Re: RE: Re: RE: Looking for Reptile Shops around Jacksonvill

BR is clean well the one on beach did smell bad, when my son and I walked in the first thing he said was, "daddy, it stinks in here". I too would go to Blazing Reptiles if I bought reptiles from a store, I don't however.
    Reason is Price. For example, at Blazing Reptiles they have a W. Hoggie for $125.00 and as I said above, that's what I would expect from a "reptile store". Of course you can pick up the same reptiles for less (up to half the price) at an expo. (Depending)

Where are the other stores if you don't mind me asking?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Looking for Reptile Shops around Jackson

The ones other than the two listed above would be The Lizard Lounge it is out on Atlantic Blvd. 3 blocks from the beach and First Coast Reptiles Inc at 5834 Lone Pine Rd then there is all the petco's and other stuff like that.

No doubt a reptile show or private breeder is going to be much better priced than just about any store.

12. Samael

Samael New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Looking for Reptile Shops around Jackson

yeah, but it is a store and they need a profit. I bought my first snake from there and it is the closest place and best place i have seen. They will also order anything for you if you ask them, they will get it if they don't have it. And the one on beach i wouldn't trust because it looked run down and very questionable. But BR is moving to a bigger place i hear, close to the Wal Mart area.

13. CrotalusKlauberi

Wow, is there not a reptile shop in St. Augustine?

14. Samael

Samael New Member

not one that i have found. and i live in Saint Augustine. Does anyone know where i can find a Blood Python near Saint Augustine? Or jacksonville?

15. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

I live in St. Aug as well. No reptile store here. I agree with Samael. BR is a good store for sure the only one I go to. The show this weekend in Orlando would be a great place to get a Blood at I imagine if you can get there. I plan on going.

16. Samael

Samael New Member

I am in NY till the 12th so the show was out of the question. Think there will be a few at the Daytona show in august? or the orlando show in October?

17. cracka350z

cracka350z New Member

BR is in their new shop already...and its wonderful. it is the only store i will go to now. House of reptiles is like a death pit for reptiles. all that i have bought from there has died. period.