Milksnakes

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Retheat, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Retheat

Retheat New Member

I was wondering that what subspecies of milksnake are good for beginners and what kind of enclosures and care they need? Do they have different colors and patterns like corns do?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I only have a Sinaloan. It seems shyer than my other snakes but is similar in care as a corn or kingsnake. At least a 20g long aquarium, UTH, two hides and a water dish. I use aspen substrate on all of my snakes but you could use paper towel if you wanted ease of care. I keep the warm side at 85 and the cool side is about 78. Humidity is not an issue as they are from arid areas. No light is needed but can be used during daytime if wanted. There are morphs such as albino, two color and aberant patterns. Mine is normal with red black and white bands. I chose a Sinaloan because it the colors stay pretty clean with little tipping. Mine is skittish so I do not handle it often but it has never struck at me, is a good eater and IMHO a beautiful snake.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jayhawkbruce

jayhawkbruce Member

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Retheat

Retheat New Member

In my humble opinion?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. onsidlives

onsidlives Member

I have a pueblan that is my baby. She is skittish when I first get her out but settles down quite quickly. She's got beautiful colors and I love her to death. To my understanding their is an apricot variety but IMO they aren't as pretty as normal pueblans.